Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley ticket prices - £30 Adults, £18 Concessions, £7 Juniors

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Barnsley. I reckon the strangest place I've ever watched a game of football (and that includes Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night which I've done for my sins!!!)

Admittedly didn't see the town centre as parked mile and a half away in different direction (long story) and approached the ground up a f***ing big hill......just the strangest place though, town that time forgot. Must be bloody awful living in a place like that, no soul, no excitement. Just a totally pants place.....

Enjoy your trip those that go!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of the play off ambitions, there's always a certain number of people who always attend the last away game, wherever it is, simply to make a bit of a party of it. Some even go in fancy dress. Ahem.

That tends to add on a few. Look at that meaningless game at Port Vale after Micky Adams's side had already secured promotion (and I think the title, at home to Chesterfield). Four and a half thousand went up, essentially to get twatted, thank the players, and have a good day out. In the Stoke on Trent area, which is not something that happens very much in life.

If I could actually get the day off work, I'd have booked my tickets long ago, no matter where we were in the table and no matter who the game was against. Sadly I can't, so it's fingers crossed that I can blag some leave if we DO make the play offs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PS I like Keith Hill an awful lot, he's a bloody good manager and seems like a really decent, honest guy. Certain people have been trying to nominate Dougie Freedman for awards this season because he's taken a crap Palace side and made them into a run-of-the-mill mid-table side. Well what about Hill? Barnsley are always everyone's favourites for relegation in this league, they don't spend a lot of money and with the greatest of respect, have never been the most fashionable of clubs. Hill has come in from Rochdale (where he did an amazing job) and taken Barnsley comfortably to mid table, playing (so I understand) decent football and picking up a few bargains from the lower leagues- Craig Davies being a prime example.

Hill's Rochdale side were one of the few teams we didn't beat last season, and they impressed me on both occasions. Good luck to him, and Barnsley, apart from against us of course. Carry right on upsetting the so-called bigger teams coughLeedscough.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
About 3k to Walsall and Notts County.

3K MAX. . 2.5K is more likely, esp with the midday kick off time.
We took 2500 to grimsby(sellout)and on sky they said 2500 had also travelled without tickets aswell,but you can't compare a big relegation game while stuck at the withdean to a place in the prem playing at the amex.

BarnsleyTyke

Mar 26, 2012
Barnsley. I reckon the strangest place I've ever watched a game of football (and that includes Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night which I've done for my sins!!!)

Admittedly didn't see the town centre as parked mile and a half away in different direction (long story) and approached the ground up a f***ing big hill......just the strangest place though, town that time forgot. Must be bloody awful living in a place like that, no soul, no excitement. Just a totally pants place.....

Enjoy your trip those that go!!!

Give me walking to Oakwell up (and down) a big hill through the streets of terraced houses, just 5 mins from the town centre than walking to a souless bowl stadium like Coventry/Doncaster/Cardiff on the edge of a retail park anyday :clap:

BarnsleyTyke

Mar 26, 2012
Can you recommend any decent pubs? Last time I went I drove and we stopped off at pub on the road from the motorway to the ground so never got to the city centre.

The Dove Inn (Doncaster Road, S70 1TP)
The Outpost (Sheffield Road, S70 1JJ)

or head into the town centre and go for 'Market Hill' which is smack bang next to the town hall (can't miss it) where you'll find a Walkabout, Wetherspoons, White Bear, Blah Bar plus a few others.

The police have been known to 'encourage' away fans to drink in the Metrodome Leisure Complex just up the hill from the ground which is OK if you like to get served with plastic cups and views of people having a swim...

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Looking at going +3. It's a league position thing really, but also never been and would like to tick off list. Last away games are also a bit of fun. Port Vale and Shrewsbury spring to mind. Dick used to join us in the stands on last away day.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Already booked my train ticket, so f***. £30? Any other time of the season this would be a Category C game NAILED ON. Bastards.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
About 3k to Walsall and Notts County.

3K MAX. . 2.5K is more likely, esp with the midday kick off time.

Last away game of the season sometimes has big support , if we need the points there will be a massive turnout even though its a 12.30 kick off.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Dont see why an early kick off should effect it too much. I'll be leaving soon after 5 and getting there by 11 so its more than possible to do

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Give me walking to Oakwell up (and down) a big hill through the streets of terraced houses, just 5 mins from the town centre than walking to a souless bowl stadium like Coventry/Doncaster/Cardiff on the edge of a retail park anyday :clap:

Agreed there's a lot worse places than Barnsley clearly some people are quite blinkered when it comes to towns built on one industry and destroyed in a couple of years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here