Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley ticket prices - £30 Adults, £18 Concessions, £7 Juniors

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
New ground for me (for various reasons) so looking forward to it

does make the next couple of months REALLY expensive

Burnley 28 quid ticket (paid for) , West Ham could be as much as 45 notes , Barnsley 30 , then POSSIBLY Play offs where we COULD meet West Ham again (another possible 45) , plus VERY POSSIBLY the final , where I doubt they'll be many seats south of 40 notes

*winces*

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think I'll probably go at £30, but I'll have to see how money's looking. Gotta go up to Bradford for three days at the start of April which is costing me a fair old bit and if West Ham tickets are a bomb money will be getting very tight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It is too much money....however given the possible significance of the match to us I expect the cash side of it will be an after thought. £30 is too much for ANY football game imo.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Its the last game of the season (possibly....not including play-offs) - there will be a good few months without football so i wont have to spend any on it (unless i get a ST of course, and unless we get to Wembley again).

People might do the same, but then again - people booking late may miss the good deals on the train.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks BT.

Didn't Barnsley once have a policy (think it may have been when you were in the Prem) of charging away fans exactly the same as Barnsley fans were charged at their respective grounds? eg charge Man U fans £25, Chelsea £45 etc.

Think it was you guys. Good policy.

BarnsleyTyke

Mar 26, 2012
Genuinely interested, what is your view on your current board? And when did they take over as they are ex-Scunthorpe are they not ?

Patrick Cryne is our owner and he saved us from going bust in 2002-2003ish. He's Barnsley born and bred and is a Barnsley supporter but isn't involved in the day to day running of the club.
Don Rowing is the person that deals with that side of things and yes he is ex-Scunthorpe. The general feeling towards Cryne is that he is the messiah who saved our club so we haven't got a bad word to say about him.
The others - a Championship club on the field, a League 2 club off the field is probably the best description. Never any forward thinking and always using the same tired ideas all the time.

On another note, at least we aren't as expensive as Leeds. We were classed as Category 'A' match at Leeds and were charged £36 Adults, £29 OAPs and £25 for Under 16s!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Category ‘A’

Juveniles (Under 18) - £18
Juniors (Under 12) - £7

I really hate this type of pricing.

My lads are 13 and 11. Is it really fair on families to charge so much more for a 13 year old kid? Kids prices should be U-16.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I really hate this type of pricing.

My lads are 13 and 11. Is it really fair on families to charge so much more for a 13 year old kid? Kids prices should be U-16.

Surely a 13 year-old should have a paper round and buy their own ticket :D

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Think it's £4 return for me on the train. So i'll be going no matter what, probably try see if they do U18 tickets.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Luckily this game falls just after I go back up to Yorkshire for university so trains aren't a problem, but adding in 30 quid for a ticket I might not be able to afford it, hopefully should be able to blag U18...

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Hi all,

Barnsley supporter in peace.

I read with interest the thread that you could possibly bring 6,000+ to Oakwell on the final day of the season which would be commendable as it's a 12.30pm K/O and hundreds of miles from Brighton.
Just wondered if the ticket price could be the big factor in how many of your fans come to the match?
Our season ticket prices are among the cheapest in the league and our matchday ticket prices used to be the same but we lost 2,000+ season ticket holders last summer and it seems the way to claw back that lost money has been to charge top prices through a 'Category' system:

Category ‘A’
Adults - £30
Senior Citizens (65+) - £18
Students (18 - 20) - £18
Juveniles (Under 18) - £18
Juniors (Under 12) - £7

Oakwell 1912 Members: Adults - £25, Concessions - £15, Juniors - £7

Category ‘B’
Adults - £23
Senior Citizens (65+) - £13
Students (18 - 20) - £13
Juveniles (Under 18) - £13
Juniors (Under 12) - £6

Oakwell 1912 Members: Adults - £18, Concessions - £10, Juniors - £6

Category ‘C’
Adults - £16
Senior Citizens (65+) - £11
Students (18 - 20) - £11
Juveniles (Under 18) - £11
Juniors (Under 12) - £5

No discount for Oakwell 1912 Members

...and the Brighton match on 28th April has been designated as a Category A fixture meaning the away fans will be charged £30.

This season's Category 'A' pricing has not gone down well with the home support or the away support at Oakwell this season and you only have to look at the big drop in our attendances to see people won't pay those prices. Our lowest home attendance last year was 10,250 - if we managed an attendance like that this season, it would undoubtedly be one of our highest.

We are a small club in a working class town but a lot of matches are still being picked as £30 games.

On the pitch, it's been good to see you have a good season and we were impressed with the AMEX when we played there earlier in the season :)
As for us, it's been another lower mid-table season which is all we can hope for to be honest - Keith Hill is working miracles on a tight budget so we can't really grumble.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Can you recommend any decent pubs? Last time I went I drove and we stopped off at pub on the road from the motorway to the ground so never got to the city centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here