Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barnes

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why, have you seen something I've missed?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The £750k we got for Barnes goes towards achieving the FFP target. It was time to cash in so people should get over it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arsene Wenger, no less, says foreign players take a year to reach their full potential. Even his top stars have in the past. But I'm sure you know better than him.

You don't agree with me - fine. But don't be a **** and tell me I think I know better than Wenger.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Barnes is/was/will always be shit. Glad we mugged Burnley for £750k

Thank you for my new signature, hope you don't mind.

I can't believe people are still going on about Barnes. The most over-rated (Not the worst.) Albion player in the 35 years I have been watching them. I'm still laughing we got money for him myself.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could his departure not be more to do with length of contract offered to him. It is suggested that he has signed a 3 year one at Burnley and if either them or us get promoted within 3 years would he cut it in The Premier, I doubt it.

north stand seagull

Oct 26, 2011
Portsmouth/Brighton
Yeah that is the single reason. We should sell anyone who is not a striker and just buy strikers because the more you have the higher in the league you go. :ffsparr:

it might not be the only reason, but surely anyone can see that the main thing preventing us from challenging is that we haven't scored enough goals. we only have one player that knows how to put the ball in the net at the moment.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Rodriguez, Stephens, Andrews, Obika all add precisely nothing.
We have got £3 or 4m cash for two sales and replaced them with poor journeymen, where's the money gone?

You can't expect people to come in and add something straight away, that's doing an injustice. Andrews can be good but he's just not up to it at the moment...Obika, well the jury is well and truly out but you CANNOT rule Stephens & Rodriguez out based on less than a handful of appearances each. Try at the end of the season.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Arsene Wenger, no less, says foreign players take a year to reach their full potential. Even his top stars have in the past. But I'm sure you know better than him.

So why have we only offered him a 6 month deal. We will never get to see how good he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here