Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes?

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
I don't want this to turn into a slanging match about him being a petulant **** etc etc. Think we missed him today and can't wait for him to return, if played as an attacking player he will score goals for us when he returns and will be good cover for Ulloa who was looking knackered nearing the end today.

The team functions much better without him

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lua Lua has done just as well tracking back and regaining possession as Ashley Barnes. The difference is he also troubles the opposition full back...

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Would but cutting off our nose to spite our face by not using Barnes.

His punishment was seven games and whatever else he was dished out internally. Fully deserved and he was an idiot for getting himself and us into this mess. However, once he's served that he should be back in the squad as we are going to need him. Anybody who says otherwise clearly has a personal problem with Ash, as he is the best we have got available after Ulloa so we'd be stupid not to use him.

Watford didn't seem to have any problem playing Deeney all year, despite him being unavailable at one point due to going to prison. Barnes is hot-headed, not nasty, and he doesn't deserve to be vilified.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It goes without saying that had the FA not added to his red card punishment with a ridiculous unwarranted extra 3 games he would have been on the bench yesterday and would have been brought on. For all of his faults he has the knack of scoring goals.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It goes without saying that had the FA not added to his red card punishment with a ridiculous unwarranted extra 3 games he would have been on the bench yesterday and would have been brought on. For all of his faults he has the knack of scoring goals.

Now I'm someone who likes Ashley Barnes and rarely slates him, but to call the additional 3-match ban 'ridiculous' and 'unwarranted' is just plain stupid I'm afraid.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now I'm someone who likes Ashley Barnes and rarely slates him, but to call the additional 3-match ban 'ridiculous' and 'unwarranted' is just plain stupid I'm afraid.

I said that because what he did was petulant but not violent or dangerous in any way shape or form and was not likely to injure somebody or threaten their career, unlike some of the recent tackles that have gone unpunished. Unfortunately the FA operate on varying standards and wonder why there is no consistency by the officials.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I said that because what he did was petulant but not violent or dangerous in any way shape or form and was not likely to injure somebody or threaten their career, unlike some of the recent tackles that have gone unpunished. Unfortunately the FA operate on varying standards and wonder why there is no consistency by the officials.

nail on the head my friend nail on the head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here