Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Our problem today was going forward and Barnes is not quick, skilful or creative so I don't see what difference he would have made today.

Our problem today was our inability to pass to our own players :lol:

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
We would have lost if Barnes played today. He can't do what LuaLua did.

Or, just as likely, we would have won if Barnes played today because he would've blocked their goal and put one in at the other end. He can do other things.

Why would him playing even preclude Lua Lua doing what he did? Barnes could've done more than Lopez did. Or Barker. Or Ulloa towards the end.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So you'd start him ahead of Ulloa?... There's no place for him or his childish antics in the team, there's better players for every single position in my opinion... Barring huge injury problems I can't see us needing to scrape the barrel.

Had you not noticed that we only have three other strikers, and two of them ARE out injured for the season? What actually would you class as 'huge'?

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
And has fight and bottle (when not assaulting referees and opponents). Something we lack when there are too many 'gifted' players in the team.

This.

Ulloa is a great player but does not have the ability to put himself about as Barnes does. Ulloa needs to use his body strength a little bit more to become the finished article. I am not saying that Barnes is but i think that an Ulloa and Barnes pairing could work, at the expense of (i am running through treacle) Hammond.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Not there today then, when we brought a second striker on?

Nope, Barker spent his time on the right wing, kept one up top, Barker has done nothing wrong on the bench/pitch, no reason why Barnes should waltz straight back in ahead of him after the way he's let the club badly down twice in recent memory, just my opinion but he needs to show he's a grown up before he has the right to wear the shirt again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope, Barker spent his time on the right wing, kept one up top, Barker has done nothing wrong on the bench/pitch, no reason why Barnes should waltz straight back in ahead of him after the way he's let the club badly down twice in recent memory, just my opinion but he needs to show he's a grown up before he has the right to wear the shirt again.

So you'd teach Barnes a lesson, even at the expense of our chances?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Did you say the same about Greer after all his red cards? Barnes was our top scorer last season and we need all the players we can use, especially if Buckley has hamstring problems again.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Did you say the same about Greer after all his red cards? Barnes was our top scorer last season and we need all the players we can use, especially if Buckley has hamstring problems again.

Greer is a prime example of how to react after a couple of reds, with maturity and solid performances, my opinion is that's something Barnes is not capable of.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Our problem today was going forward and Barnes is not quick, skilful or creative so I don't see what difference he would have made today.

Maybe he would have been within 20 yards of Ulloa every time the ball was smashed at him, unlike our midfield today :shrug:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
:lol:

Very selective with the results there.

Failure to mention:
Little old Charlton at home
Out of sorts Leicester at home
Low spending Barnsley away
Relegation candidates Bristol City away
Bolton away

All in the same period.
:lol:

Firstly Barnes was sent off against Bolton away (For tripping the ref! I'm suprised you Barnes supporters don't remember that one!) that was the reason I didn't include that.

Very Selective with the results yourself.
Faliure to mention:
The Hull and Huddesfield Victories which Barnes didn't start.

When Barnes was in the team week in week out we were 8th, we are now 6th. We have not missed him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here