Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We cannot depend on Spanish Len to be the lone striker for 90 minutes each game. Barnesy will take some of the pressure off.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
How about trying that anyway? Just a thought.

When Barnes came to the Albion he had my full backing. The chances I saw him waste at the Withdean made me question if he was good enough. The performances at the Amex have confirmed to me he is not good enough. I still tried to back him but the fact he plays week in week out regardless of performance, keeping others out annoys me. The fact he cupped his ears to the North stand (and Plymouth fans?) tells me he has little class. The amount of times I have seen him dive and cheat embarrasses me. Finally The number of times I have seen him leave a foot in to foul an opposing player if he's getting frustrated (Which has now escalated to Officials.) has confirmed there is no reason I should get behind him.

I'm sick of the 'but he is young' comment. LuaLua is younger and gets benched for a poor game, it also seems to be more acceptable to say LuaLua is crap. Why?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't want this to turn into a slanging match about him being a petulant **** etc etc. Think we missed him today and can't wait for him to return, if played as an attacking player he will score goals for us when he returns and will be good cover for Ulloa who was looking knackered nearing the end today.

He's having plenty of time to reflect on whether he wants to act like an adult professional footballer or some snide sunday league ****. Choice is his, he's totally replaceable :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's having plenty of time to reflect on whether he wants to act like an adult professional footballer or some snide sunday league ****. Choice is his, he's totally replaceable :shrug:

Not this season, he isn't. I guarantee you Barnes will score when he gets back in the team and then the whole debate will start again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's no doubt only having one proper striker is a big reason for no wins in three. There's also no way Ulloa can go another 5 matches for the full 90 mins and be expected to score the majority of our goals.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
i'm pretty sure this will have been posted before but i only just noticed it myself. in football manager 13, this is Barnes' "preferred move":

barnes.jpg

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Clutching at straws. We have the quality just need to get them to perform week in week out like everybody else does ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here