Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes wants to stay long-term

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think he did quite well to hold back on the celebrations. I'd have gone MENTALSHITCRAZY....or stood in the Cantona pose and just looked around. Not quite decided yet.

This would have been fantastic. It's remarkable how many negative comments there are about Barnes by supposed SUPPORTERS ( maybe they need to check the dictionary for the meaning of the word "support" ).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed, but of the starting XI Saturday I would say only PIG, Ward and Crofts are PLR.

PIG l would agree with, but Crofts and Ward?, do you really think so? Although they have had somewhat limited Premier League experience, l wouldn't say they either were particularly successful at it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Ear cupage to the away fans.

If I accidentally turned full circle before bringing my hand down, then so be it.

Although I'm still struggling to believe he was aware of an Albion negative response, when the nearest fans to him were the B/burn ones.

Well he certainly will be aware if he watches the extended highlights as it was clear on there and the commentators mentioned it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Garcia hasn't had much choice, every other bugger is injured and Lita hasn't been fit....If you honestly think Barnes is going to play when everyones back, you dreaming.

The same way you said that we'd never see Bridcutt play for us again? Just stop now, you're really making a fool of yourself.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Top 24 - all 50 or more. League/ FA Cup/ L Cup/Micky Mouse Cups/ Total

T Cook 114 9 123
K Napier 84 9 6 99
P Ward 81 3 11 95
B Stephens 86 8 94
A Mundy 87 3 90
B Zamora 76 4 2 1 83
B Farrell 66 17 83
D Kirkwood 74 8 82
J Hopkins 72 3 75
A Attwood 55 19 74
E Wilson 67 4 71
D Foreman 63 6 69
P Harburn 61 4 65
D Gordon 62 2 64
S Jennings 61 2 63
K Nogan 49 7 4 60
T Connor 51 4 4 59
G Nelson 47 6 6 59
P Smith 40 17 57
J Davie 39 18 57
G Murray 53 2 1 56
N Forster 39 6 1 4 50
A Barnes 43 4 3 50

Look who's just made it onto this list. Wonder how high he'll go?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It started on Conway after his first appearance!
...indeed, and if I had the inclination, I would jump back in the threads and name and shame those responsible,.... muppets.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Wise words as always Kev, he's scored 50 goals as a professional footballer, nearly as many as you.

Brilliant!

One of the funniest and most apposite put downs I'll ever read on here.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He is worth more money if he has a longer contract remember, the bashers might be better off wanting him to get a new contract as it might mean we can get more money for him if he left.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Totally agree. As long as they are 'get into and win the playoffs' ready, I'm happy.

Quite. Fans are obsessed with "getting rid of the deadwood" and "clean slate" every 3/4 months or so. It's nonsense. Looks at the likes of Lallana and Lambert, amongst many, many, many more examples over the years.

A few years ago people would've laughed at you if you'd said they would be good enough for a top 6 Prem side.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Quite. Fans are obsessed with "getting rid of the deadwood" and "clean slate" every 3/4 months or so. It's nonsense. Looks at the likes of Lallana and Lambert, amongst many, many, many more examples over the years.

A few years ago people would've laughed at you if you'd said they would be good enough for a top 6 Prem side.

I'm sure you'd find quite a few threads on Spurs boards calling for Bale to be sold from a couple of years ago. We're fans and not coaches or talent scouts for a good reason!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Depends on our ambitions. If it is Premiership. which it obviously is, then sadly don't think he is the quality that would be needed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How about some positives about him as well?
- He's worked his backside off for us all season, in a lone-striker position that doesn't suit him, with our best midfielders missing.
- He's strong defensively (6 clean sheets all featuring him in the side)
- He's got guts (playing on with a dead leg against Blackburn a good example)
- He links well with midfield, keeps possession, and is happy to do a stint anywhere on the park when needed
- He's still young and gets better every season
- He's committed to us and wants to stay with the Albion

Yes, he's not an out and out goal scorer - but who ever said he was supposed to be? For what it's worth, I think Barnes and Lita could be quite a combination once Lita gets fully fit.

I say get off his back.

I am with this 100%

The average fan cant recognise quality unless it has a fancy foreign sounding name and spends 90 minutes doing nutmegs :(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Depends on our ambitions. If it is Premiership. which it obviously is, then sadly don't think he is the quality that would be needed.

Which of the starting XI on Saturday would you say are of the quality that are needed for the Premier League?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here