Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes wants to stay long-term

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Most people would say that strikers only reach their peak at about 27, he is just 24, he will be very good in 3 years, if he keeps improving the way he has over the last 3 years

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
So your basing my whole post on a choice of word? 21 obviously isn't most, but that's not my point.

I wasn't getting involved in a conversation about his merits. It's just your post made me think "Oh, he's scored most of his goals in The Championship" and when I looked it up I realised it was wrong so just corrected you.

No biggie :)

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10799471.Barnes_wants_to_stay_long_term/?ref=twt

A couple of things:-

- Funny how players want to stay long term after scoring a brace, but no mention of it before.
- Argus/Ashley, if you take a penalty in front of the away fans, they will boo, you will hear it.
- Why have 5 Barnes threads, when you can have 6!!

Works hard, runs his boll#cks off every game which is commendable plus he loves our club. Gus loved playing him out of position all the time, OG has played him as a striker as he has no other options. A big well done for Saturday but Ashley Barnes is a good league 1 player at best. Wouldn't be sorry to see him go fee or no fee we should have sold him for £500k in the summer to Burnley that would have been good business. any way what do I know!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Works hard, runs his boll#cks off every game which is commendable plus he loves our club. Gus loved playing him out of position all the time, OG has played him as a striker as he has no other options. A big well done for Saturday but Ashley Barnes is a good league 1 player at best. Wouldn't be sorry to see him go fee or no fee we should have sold him for £500k in the summer to Burnley that would have been good business. any way what do I know!

Not a lot really, judging by this post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here