Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona penalty

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If we had scored a similar penalty against Palace (perhaps Ryan Harley passing it to Billy Paynter) I think I would have spontaneously shot my load with joy.
If it had gone wrong though, there would have been a hundred page thread here titled ' what the *uck did they try that for!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If we had scored a similar penalty against Palace (perhaps Ryan Harley passing it to Billy Paynter) I think I would have spontaneously shot my load with joy.

Barn Door Billy would have mised though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[yt]gASkUfJDIYY[/yt]

All the goals from last night's game - the last 30 minutes of the game are a perfect example of why I love football and love seeing it played that way. Superb skill, technique and flair - not just another drab game with nothing memorable.

I love players and teams who are capable of that stuff, whether it be in football or other sports. Look at Senna and Ali, to name but two examples from other sports of people who were capable of doing what they did in such a way as to raise it above the way most others do it - there's just something about that that does it for me. It's the same reason why I loved watching Vicente in full flow for us, just something out of the ordinary that really can be worth the price of admission on its own.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I didn't think that legal

Thought only one player from same side could touch the ball until oppo had a touch

The only rules are the ball must move forward before another player kicks it. Barcas was completely legit.

Technically, the arsenal one should have been retaken as, when piers went to roll it to Henry, I don't believe took one full revolution.

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Looks like a competitively fought encounter. Did any of the Celta Vigo players break into a moderate jog at any point during the match?

Obviously you didn't watch it. Prior to the 3rd Barcelona goal Celta Vigo should have been at least level at 2-2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here