Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barca ❤️ Mitoma, reports Mundo Deportivo

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
"Kaoru Mitoma (26 years old), Brighton winger, is one of the extremes that Barça's technical staff and also several scouts of the Culé entity like the most. According to MD from several sources, the Japanese tip is well known by Barcelona technicians, who highlight from it its great ability to unbalance, in addition to a good ability to see the door. But above all, what stands out about Mitoma is the great facility he has to break defenses, especially starting from the left side of the attack. In the Premier League it was one of the revelations of last season and in the current one it continues to perform at a very high level."

With Karou's age and with Ardingra in place and looking good, this could be doable.

Ferguson - no chance

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I thought that Barca didn't have two euros to rub together - where are they getting the sponds to buy Mitoma?
From selling Fati when we hand him back in the form of Messi II?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly the club have labelled themselves as a selling club so there will always be speculation about any player that shows promise. This will eventually bite us in the arse aka Southampton as you eventually run out of unpolished gems to refine especially now that other clubs are now fishing in the same ponds

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sadly the club have labelled themselves as a selling club so there will always be speculation about any player that shows promise. This will eventually bite us in the arse aka Southampton as you eventually run out of unpolished gems to refine especially now that other clubs are now fishing in the same ponds
Only when the price is right and only when it is best for Brighton (and the player). If the club had 'labelled' itself as a selling club, Caicedo would've gone for a lot less than he did. I think it's more a case of people noticing how players stand out in what has become a really good team, with a well-respected coach at the helm. It was only a few weeks ago that people (OTT people, admittedly) were saying we had a chance of top for and CL football next season.

How you can paint the club in a negative light – considering where it is right now (such as playing European football for the first time in its history) – is beyond me!

Also, I don't know the complete story with Saints, but I'm pretty sure there was more to its double-relegation to merely other teams figuring out what it was doing and then copying it. Wasn't there a change of ownership and/or unforeseen death of the owner (the Liebherr fella, if I remember rightly) chucked into the mix?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think it’s best to ignore all noise on random websites - thought that was clear about 10 years ago…

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We are and always have been a selling club, as are most clubs. It's our business model and why we are where we are. What we can't match are the wages of the bigger clubs which means we'll never hold on to our better players. Make sense then to maximise the selling price as we have done for White, Cucurella, Caicedo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's also the middle of October, ages from the next window opening. I feel like we're owed a little break from it all!
Welcome to the top table.

The yapping dogs circle

around our feet.

Kick them

That is a haiku.

I thank you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
List the clubs that aren't ‘selling clubs’…………

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are and always have been a selling club, as are most clubs. It's our business model and why we are where we are. What we can't match are the wages of the bigger clubs which means we'll never hold on to our better players. Make sense then to maximise the selling price as we have done for White, Cucurella, Caicedo.
Except when we buy, of course :shrug:

What we are not is a desperate selling club.

Any more.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only club that seem useless at selling are Man Utd and look where they are.
Even City sell, when they want to.
We are experts at selling.
Selling well is extremely important.
Don’t get dung up bout it.
Or indeed lose out shit about it.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
We can now add another £2m a year to shop / website sales forecasts for the next couple of years - and order 10,000 number 2's

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In terms of the original thread, Barca can f*** off then

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Trading club.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I'm resigned to Mitoma, and Ferguson, leaving next summer.
Yep, I can see that,... also Estupinian.... we may have a big reset coming, this could be driven by the departure of RDZ to one of Europe's big boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here