Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barca ❤️ Mitoma, reports Mundo Deportivo

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
He’s one player we can’t replace it’s impossible. Better off paying him the reported 80-90k a week in the new deal and keeping him here.

Of course, if he'll sign a contract it makes sense to pay him whatever he wants. But if he won't...

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
In other news: lots of people in Barcelona think Haaland is a pretty good striker.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we must have these tedious threads out of transfer windows can we at least do them properly.

Namely one of two 'conspiracy theories'

1: The only reason we got Fati on loan was because we agreed to sell them Mitoma in January/the summer

2: Swap deal in the summer - Mitoma for Fati.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Where’s this new contract we heard rumours of?!
I thought i read one report about it and it suggested that the stumbling block appears to be that Mitoma (or his agent) want a release clause inserted into the contract (similar to what Mac Allister had when he signed his new deal with us) and i guess we are reluctant to agree to it

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I thought i read one report about it and it suggested that the stumbling block appears to be that Mitoma (or his agent) want a release clause inserted into the contract (similar to what Mac Allister had when he signed his new deal with us) and i guess we are reluctant to agree to it
Guess we can be reluctant all we want, doubt he'll sign anything without a release clause. However i think Mitoma is one case that, even with a 2025 contact expiry (that's right, yes?) we could get top dosh for him next summer.

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
"Kaoru Mitoma (26 years old), Brighton winger, is one of the extremes that Barça's technical staff and also several scouts of the Culé entity like the most. According to MD from several sources, the Japanese tip is well known by Barcelona technicians, who highlight from it its great ability to unbalance, in addition to a good ability to see the door. But above all, what stands out about Mitoma is the great facility he has to break defenses, especially starting from the left side of the attack. In the Premier League it was one of the revelations of last season and in the current one it continues to perform at a very high level."

I believe MD is correct in saying that a lot of Spanish technical staff and coaches like him. During the World Cup an assistant coaching staff member for the Spanish national team raved about him.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not a chance Barca could afford to buy a player in contract at any PL club. They screwed.

Mitoma is the one where if he did sign for a longer deal, it would properly be part time.

The real danger is from bigger PL fish than from Barca

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here