Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ban gangsta rap as offensive to many people ?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The censorship of Hip-Hop in this country goes a lot further than just banning songs on the BBC.

The Met Police get Youtube to delete drill videos, and some drill artists have been given suspended prison sentences for performing certain songs live. Now, drill is certainly a decisive sub-genre, and I’m sure most people on here would hate it... but a prison sentence for performing a song? ???

I love hiphop, I love rap, particlarly UK rap, that the USA is waking up to. For me though, Drill is shit.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
On a slightly related note, I woke up to an ex-Eastenders actress calling out Ice-T on the Twatter for being a racist. Only she got her Ices mixed up and ACTUALLY meant Ice Cube.

It's alright though, because she apologised and blamed being pissed and THEN proceeded to ask if Ice-T was racist too :shrug:

I mean... :dunce:

What was her issue with Ice Cube?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I cannot listen to rap music and if I hear it on the radio I turn it off or change channel, exactly what I do with any tv programmes I don’t like. Not sure why anyone thinks either should be banned or removed. We are living in crazy times, whatever happened to live and let live? None of these things should affect your life to the point of wanting them banned and getting all hot and bothered about imo :shrug:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nah, I had a chuckle and watch the complete hissy fit after it.
"Hissy fit" being calmly calling out a moron for being a moron. Ok......

Did you never get past primary school humour? Tbf, by Y6 (as it is now) he'd have been laughed off the playground for such pathetic backtracking.

He wouldn't even admit that he was making a joke, he said it was fishing. Then he said it was just a joke. Lowest common denominator trolling.

It's not a hissy fit to take down someone for being incredibly stupid. It's also not a hissy fit to be able to write coherent English.

Fortunately everyone apart from the usual suspects can see that.

Typing in simple, short sentences so that you can comprehend. No anger, no drama, just facts.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Did you never get past primary school humour? Tbf, by Y6 (as it is now) he'd have been laughed off the playground for such pathetic backtracking.

He wouldn't even admit that he was making a joke, he said it was fishing. Then he said it was just a joke. Lowest common denominator trolling.

It's not a hissy fit to take down someone for being incredibly stupid. It's also not a hissy fit to be able to write coherent English.

Typing in simple, short sentences so that you can comprehend. No anger, no drama, just facts.

You are embarrassing yourself explaining all this.

It was a silly joke and fishing, that's all chap. :p

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If you have the good sense to avoid political discussion with your friends, it does seem to prompt the question as to why you would post such a thread, the response to which you cannot have failed to predict?

Presumably you make the choices you do because you would rather concentrate on what unites you and your friends than prompt division just for the sake of expressing a predictable bit of whataboutism. If that's the case, are we being used as a means for you to vent opinions that could be damaging if expressed to the people you actually care about? If so, perhaps we could be charging you for this valuable service.

The response to all political threads on this board are very predictable, as you intimated. Are you therefore suggesting that either [MENTION=34864]Live by the sea[/MENTION] should not be allowed to open a discussion, or that nobody should be allowed to?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I love hiphop, I love rap, particlarly UK rap, that the USA is waking up to. For me though, Drill is shit.

I agree for the most part. Too much of it sounds almost identical. Sparse beat, slow flow & every song featuring the same lyrics & sound effects. However there are a few people out there who have started making something that’s almost commercially viable

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Jesus mate, obviously you are highly strung by the the way you chucked in the usual put downs and have taken this to a different level to where it should be.
I’m guessing you were embarrassed in Year 6 and it’s stayed with you all these years so when someone has a little pop you can’t let it go. Even bringing into play the old “ everyone can see” line.

Lay of the gangster rap and listen to some chill out choons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here