Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Balloons (for Villa)

Should NSC buy some balloons for the Villa Park soccerball extravaganza?

• Yes, yes we should

Votes: 232 75.8%
  • No, it's well gay & will show us up as a tinpot lower league outfit going mental on our big day out

Votes: 65 21.2%
  • Buy something else instead (please state)

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Totally 100% behind balloons.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
This CANNOT be done with latex balloons. I know people who have latex allergy's, and out of 6000 there are bound to be 50 who have it, at least. A simple touch could have really bad effects, so if you're gunna do it, do it with non-latext material.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But PLEASE, no face paint, no fancy dress, no foam fingers, in fact, no F's!

Foam hands are the dogs. I achieved a life-time's ambition by hailing a taxi with a huge foam hand after our play-off victory.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
DO IT. Yes, it is a bit gay and lower league but come on, enjoy the day and make it a party atmosphere. we have not had much to cheer about the last couple of years. I go to every home game and it is dull as SHIT so why not have a bit of fun for a match?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I think if we're doing it we go for 8000, being 4000 of each colour.

i like that idea :clap2:

but i also agree with jordanseagull - latex allergies do need to be taken into account. the last thing we want on such a big day out is a pissed of allergenic person and/or a dead one

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My Lad is going to his first away game for this and is very excited, if I tell him before the game there will be 8000 balloons being trown aorund he will be even more excited about the whole thing.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My Lad is going to his first away game for this and is very excited, if I tell him before the game there will be 8000 balloons being trown aorund he will be even more excited about the whole thing.

What a BRILLIANT game for his first away!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
but i also agree with jordanseagull - latex allergies do need to be taken into account. the last thing we want on such a big day out is a pissed of allergenic person and/or a dead one

Is latex allergy really such a big thing?

Are there non-latex balloons?

Those balloons do seem to be an exceptional price and I don't have the time to hunt around for similarly-priced non-latex alternatives. Someone else, feel free.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You need to allow for a certain percentage of the balloons that will be naff and will burst when blowing up.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Is latex allergy really such a big thing?

Are there non-latex balloons?

Those balloons do seem to be an exceptional price and I don't have the time to hunt around for similarly-priced non-latex alternatives. Someone else, feel free.

it doesnt bother me - no allergies, but if the risk is as great as jordanseagull says then it could be an issue. i honestly dont know how many people suffer from it, and personally cant imagine their being that great a risk. but i guess its wise to take precautions. if there is no cheaper option - i say buy them. the benefits (thousands of happy albion fans + an awesome sight) outweigh the risks (1 or 2 dying people) :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
i'm taking the grandson to watch his 1st big game, so the sight of 4,000 + balloons going up would probably be the highlight for him, and might make him think that this football lark is not that bad after all

The winning comment.

Balloons it is.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe I should not take peanuts incase someone near me has a peanut allergy :rolleyes:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
This CANNOT be done with latex balloons. I know people who have latex allergy's, and out of 6000 there are bound to be 50 who have it, at least. A simple touch could have really bad effects, so if you're gunna do it, do it with non-latext material.

I've never heard of any complaints from anyone in the past.

Besides, as long as said people are not actively trying to hit the balloons themselves, the chance of it hitting any exposed skin is pretty slim (unless you're stupid enough to wear t-shirt and shorts in winter).

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Firstly, i think this is a great idea.
Secondly i have about 15 beachballs which will be making the trip.
Thirdly, are other inflatables a good idea? (I have a selection) (No dolls)
:smile:
:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here