Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Balloons (for Villa)

Should NSC buy some balloons for the Villa Park soccerball extravaganza?

• Yes, yes we should

Votes: 232 75.8%
  • No, it's well gay & will show us up as a tinpot lower league outfit going mental on our big day out

Votes: 65 21.2%
  • Buy something else instead (please state)

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Beach Balls, that's what should be used, entertainment before the game, and it would look amazing on the highlights 2000 beach balls, not to mention, be quite funny seeing the stewards try and burst them

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Is latex allergy really such a big thing?

Are there non-latex balloons?

Those balloons do seem to be an exceptional price and I don't have the time to hunt around for similarly-priced non-latex alternatives. Someone else, feel free.

Just go for it Bozza - those people (if any, highly unlikely) who have a Latex Allergy, don' t need to actuallly blow any up.

I really don't think it's an issue.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would LOVE to see 2000 beach balls, do we know any wholesalers for blue and white beachballs? or would the club shop sort us out a good dealio?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I would LOVE to see 2000 beach balls, do we know any wholesalers for blue and white beachballs? or would the club shop sort us out a good dealio?

could only find singles or small packs of beach balls on ebay. 2000 beach balls would surely be some sort of record at a football game?!:shrug:

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
As a teacher (in a primary school), I can tell you that, yes, a Latex allergy IS a serious thing. There was a girl in a class of mine once who almost choked to death cos of a reaction. I saw it happen, and it ain't nice.

It really is not a case of people just being poncy, or whinging, or making something up - or anything else that people might think it is.

However, for VP, my opinion would be to go ahead with the balloons, as a) anyone with an allergy is likely to be wearing layers/hat/gloves etc., and b) it's not an enclosed space, so the balloons naturally disperse.

These factors obviously lessen the risk of a reaction.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/allergies/basics/254.html

Personally, I think the sight of all those balloons will be brilliant. And I know my son will love it!

Jan 15, 2004
As NSCs finances seem really healthy at the moment, plus we've all just increased the coffers by over £600, couldn't we send a large proportion of this extra income to those that really need the money in Haiti at the moment, would be a far nicer thing to do than spend it on balloons.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As NSCs finances seem really healthy at the moment, plus we've all just increased the coffers by over £600, couldn't we send a large proportion of this extra income to those that really need the money in Haiti at the moment, would be a far nicer thing to do than spend it on balloons.

No....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

That's at least the 2nd time I've seen this same post.

£165 million in Aid has already been sent, and suggesting a small internet forum give up funds it needs to keep going is absurd.

YES what's happened is horrific, but to simply throw money at it is not even half the battle. So let's drop the crusade to get NSC to give money to the Haiti appeal, and enjoy ourselves at Villa Park.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

Nice thoughts, but I've already given to the Haiti fund - now I want the best day out for ages at Villa and the balloons will add to it no end, including for my son. Bring on the balloons :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
That's at least the 2nd time I've seen this same post.

£165 million in Aid has already been sent, and suggesting a small internet forum give up funds it needs to keep going is absurd.

YES what's happened is horrific, but to simply throw money at it is not even half the battle. So let's drop the crusade to get NSC to give money to the Haiti appeal, and enjoy ourselves at Villa Park.

Perfectly put. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here