Baldock

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Then sign a 20 goal striker in January to complete the "cake" we are making that would be the icing on the top.

Signing a top class striker in January is notoriously difficult. Any team challenging for anything needs them as teams with any fear of relegation ... doesn't leave much, if anything

Needles in haystacks, but you never know

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need to give Murphy a go up front for me, he positions himself very well in the box. LuaLua and March out wide.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Signing a top class striker in January is notoriously difficult. Any team challenging for anything needs them as teams with any fear of relegation ... doesn't leave much, if anything

Needles in haystacks, but you never know

Yep, needed to be done some time ago but we've been making do. Which'll cost us money

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't understand this need to change everything:-

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

Hemed and Baldock are missing chances.
Hemed and Baldock are also creating chances.

Sure it would seem that neither are going to be prolific.
If the club has any desire to not be in this division next year it needs to have shopped well in readiness for 01.01.16.

But between now and then, it's clear the team is plenty good enough to be in contention.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If t
he club has any desire to not be in this division next year it needs to have shopped well in readiness for 01.01.16.

But between now and then, it's clear the team is plenty good enough to be in contention.

Unless we make some changes our good start could blow up in our face with the lack of goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unless we make some changes our good start could blow up in our face with the lack of goals.
If 'we' made changes 'our' good start could blow up in 'our' faces.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

If the club has any desire to not be in this division next year it needs to have shopped well in readiness for 01.01.16.

Yay, someone said something sensible!

How many loan strikers have we had since we arrived in the Championship? How many came in and were prolific and had an immediate impact...:shrug:

Hemed and Baldock are struggling for goals, but they are contributing. We gotta get behind them and hope they start notching, got to be proud of everyone in this squad so far this season.

Lets be patient see what January brings.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That is why we have an experienced manager. To stand and do nothing assuming all will be ok will prove costly and I am sure that is not what TB wants.

Yes, quite agree. Its not wholesale changes that are required just a bit of tinkering IMO, the purchase of 1 forward should do it and hopefully see us march on. I think we can get away with Rosenoir at LB indefinitely, he is that good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is why we have an experienced manager. To stand and do nothing assuming all will be ok will prove costly and I am sure that is not what TB wants.
We are talking about the same team aren't we.

I'm writing about Brighton and Hove Albion.
They are currently joint top.
Are unbeaten all season.
Have just underlined a fantastic away week, with 3 points at home.

A team playing the best attacking football in the AMEX era.
While also being defensively sound.
All from a small squad, which is expensive by club standard, is a very much poor man's team in comparison.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
We are talking about the same team aren't we.

I'm writing about Brighton and Hove Albion.
They are currently joint top.
Are unbeaten all season.
Have just underlined a fantastic away week, with 3 points at home.

A team playing the best attacking football in the AMEX era.
While also being defensively sound.
All from a small squad, which is expensive by club standard, is a very much poor man's team in comparison.
We've done brill. But somehow I think TB will see we are in such a great position, he'll gamble with spend...especially up front...although agreed our two are the biz albeit a little short of goals

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, quite agree. Its not wholesale changes that are required just a bit of tinkering IMO, the purchase of 1 forward should do it and hopefully see us march on. I think we can get away with Rosenoir at LB indefinitely, he is that good.

I don't know whether you missed BG's earlier post, but he is suggesting we urgently need 2 loan signings before the loan window shuts in about 2 weeks time, striker and a left back. Obviously that is not the 1 forward 'purchase' you are referring to in January - which I'd be surprised if anyone disagreed with.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yay, someone said something sensible!

How many loan strikers have we had since we arrived in the Championship? How many came in and were prolific and had an immediate impact...:shrug:

Hemed and Baldock are struggling for goals, but they are contributing. We gotta get behind them and hope they start notching, got to be proud of everyone in this squad so far this season.

Lets be patient see what January brings.

I agree about being patient and seeing what January brings.

As I said on another thread, to summarise, any loan signing now, just to add quality rather than see us through injuries, could prove to be more disruptive than it's worth. We have fantastic team spirit and togetherness at the moment and it's doing us more than just alright.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A team that is dropping too many points through draws. Yes they were 2 good away draws but to get promoted we need more wins. More wins need more goals, more goals need existing players to score more goals if not bring in somebody who can. Finding him is the problem but efforts must be made to do so.

Had we not built a lead when the players like Hemed were scoring we would be lower in the league and out of automatic promotion possibility. So just a little tinkering not wholesale changes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A team that is dropping too many points through draws. Yes they were 2 good away draws but to get promoted we need more wins. More wins need more goals, more goals need existing players to score more goals if not bring in somebody who can. Finding him is the problem but efforts must be made to do so.

Had we not built a lead when the players like Hemed were scoring we would be lower in the league and out of automatic promotion possibility. So just a little tinkering not wholesale changes.

You make an excellent point there BG, probably worth emailing PB and CH so they are aware - get them to stop the recruitment team playing golf and cards all day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've done brill. But somehow I think TB will see we are in such a great position, he'll gamble with spend...especially up front...although agreed our two are the biz albeit a little short of goals
I've said before, the squad currently has up front:-

1 x 90 minute player.
1 x 60 minute player.
1 x 20 minute player, once a week.
1 x 10 minute player occasionally.

Those running the club and the recruitment will have known that wasn't good enough.
If 'the' player isn't at the club before the third round of the FA Cup (sponsored by Emirates) then serious questions need to be asked.

The fact that the team has organised it's way to the position it's in is a minor miracle.
But that and all the millions Tony spent and committed to in the Summer will be for nothing without a goal scorer.

It's this need to change players and formations from a situation that is currently working, I can't get my head around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports