Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One things for certain.

Zamora most definitely isn't Baldock's replacement.

Spot on. Putting my tin hat on, BZ was pretty ineffective today (same at Reading but had little time to be fair), and compounded a poor performance with a stupid booking. Looks almost ponderous at the moment.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Spot on. Putting my tin hat on, BZ was pretty ineffective today (same at Reading but had little time to be fair), and compounded a poor performance with a stupid booking. Looks almost ponderous at the moment.

Slow is another word that could be used. I was more annoyed with when he 'played' Manu in. He released the pass too late, and then over-hit it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't understand this talk about how hard Baldock works, he isn't offering anything positive. His latest scuffed shot happened to fall to Murphy to show him how to finish. Zamora came on and offered the team something. Injury aside, I can't justify him keeping his place in this team.

My last post on Baldock, we're all getting bored of it.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Hughton said in the post match interview it was his groin.
He was not sounding to promising about it.
And we know how long Lua Lua has been out for with the same kind of injury.
Is Hambro ready to step up?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The guy gives his all every game and left the ground getting injured for the cause. I hope he recovers quickly because we need his input and his work rate.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Does anyone know how long Baldock is likely to be out for? Will he be back for Burnley or did it look like more of a long term thing?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does anyone know how long Baldock is likely to be out for? Will he be back for Burnley or did it look like more of a long term thing?

Sure we'll hear in a few days. Right in front of us, looked like a groin strain, he indicated it a few mins before he went down and was signalling to the bench (good lad stayed up because we had possession, as soon as we lost it he was on the floor waving)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't understand this talk about how hard Baldock works, he isn't offering anything positive. His latest scuffed shot happened to fall to Murphy to show him how to finish. Zamora came on and offered the team something. Injury aside, I can't justify him keeping his place in this team.

My last post on Baldock, we're all getting bored of it.

It was a pass, not a scuffed shot. You can flounce out, but at least do it with a modicum of accuracy.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Seriously, I think Calde could cover Baldock till January. All he needs to do is run around a lot. Plus he scores goals with his face whereas Baldock scores with his..., oh, wait a minute.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Hemed has only been with us this season and has scored 5 in 16 games which is not great but not bad either.

I also think he's been quite unlucky with some of his efforts e.g. hitting the post, great saves etc. so could easily have had several more.

Baldock is in his second season, hardly ever scores and doesn't link up well with Hemed.

I don't doubt the need to get another striker but I think Baldock is the weak link not Hemed (probably)...... I'm just not impressed by work rate without end product either in terms of goals or assists...

P.s. goal of the season from Solly today?!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The international Break with Israel having no game will do Hemed the world of good.

Started very brightly for us but i do think he is knackered and needs this rest, im pretty hopeful he will come back from the break firing again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here