Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's pretty obvious by now that Baldock hasn't got what it takes to be a top Championship striker.

Yes, he runs a lot and you can't fault his industry but the same comments applied to CMS and we all recall the abuse he used to get. We also used to have thread after thread slagging off Barnes but his goal to games ratio is almost double that of Baldock (and CMS' record is superior to that of Baldock too).

When you think Baldock is playing alongside an international striker AND we have usually played with two wingers, Baldock's goal return just isn't good enough for a team with PL ambition.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The international Break with Israel having no game will do Hemed the world of good.

Started very brightly for us but i do think he is knackered and needs this rest, im pretty hopeful he will come back from the break firing again.

I think having LuaLua back will help him. It's not surprising that Hemed's prolific period of scoring was when KLL was playing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hemed works hard but a finisher he is not. What's he on now - 5 goals?

- Fulham: penalty (next penalty not so good)
- Ipswich first: he barely touched if at all - the free-kick was going in anyway.
- Ipswich 2nd: reverse angle shows he muffed his header but it went in off his shoulder.
-Rotherham: very nearly missed from c6 yards. Just managed to keep it under the bar.

If he could finish he'd be on 10-12 goals already and we'd be romping the league.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

- Ipswich first: he barely touched if at all - the free-kick was going in anyway.
- Ipswich 2nd: reverse angle shows he muffed his header but it went in off his shoulder.
-Rotherham: very nearly missed from c6 yards. Just managed to keep it under the bar.

If he could finish he'd be on 10-12 goals already and we'd be romping the league.

Bozza. Telling it like it is.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Wise words....however he is getting chances and still looks miles more likely than Mr Baldock....

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

Can't really disagree with any of this. When you look at Burnley (Andre Gray), Derby (Martin), Hull (Hernández), they've all got goal scorers who can, and probably will, fire in 20 goals this season. Currently we don't and this will be the difference come May. It is vital that we linger around the play-off spots and invest in our striking options come the January transfer window.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It's pretty obvious by now that Baldock hasn't got what it takes to be a top Championship striker.

Yes, he runs a lot and you can't fault his industry but the same comments applied to CMS and we all recall the abuse he used to get. We also used to have thread after thread slagging off Barnes but his goal to games ratio is almost double that of Baldock (and CMS' record is superior to that of Baldock too).

When you think Baldock is playing alongside an international striker AND we have usually played with two wingers, Baldock's goal return just isn't good enough for a team with PL ambition.

Spot on, people ripped CMS to shreds and he played up front on his own with largely one winger... his return was decent considering the pitiful amount of chances we created for him.

Ulloa would score a bucket load for us at the moment.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Spot on, people ripped CMS to shreds and he played up front on his own with largely one winger... his return was decent considering the pitiful amount of chances we created for him.

Ulloa would score a bucket load for us at the moment.

So would no 9 Ashley Barnes!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Baldock and Hemed are both incredibly hard working, but both are also trying my patience with taking chances. I know it's been said a hundred times but we really are a clinical finisher away from being a top side

Agreed the two headers hemed missed would have been in the back of the net if Ulloa was playing for the albion and we would have won at a canter not shitting if for the last 30 mins. You are correct we are a decent striker from being promoted. Question is who, when and if.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

I have to agree with all of that. I said in another thread the jury was out for me on Hemed. He is shot excuse the pun in front of goal and his finishing was woeful yesterday. Jury is back in and for me its Hemed is not the answer.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Hemed has scored 5 times as many as Baldock, but you decide to criticise HIM? (2.5 times if you're of a mind to donate own goals to Baldock, because he claimed it)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here