Votes: 155 81.2%
  • NO! - beans in a cooked breakfast = an abomination

Votes: 33 17.3%
  • Not fussed as I am a FREAK who doesn't like cooked breakfast

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The only time I ever eat beans is with a full English. They help get the right balance between dry and moist, superb with sausage or a hash brown. But you don't want too many of the, just a large tablespoonful.

On the other hand, I'm not a beans on toast fan. Too much beans, the ratio's all wrong.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes from me

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Like beans with a fry up, but prefer them in a seperate bowl so that they do not interfer with the egg.

Once the yolk has been used to dip sausages and bacon in then the beans can be added to the plate. A great way to stop the bean sauce interfering to much.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I like beans with my breakfast but usually it is beans or tomatoes, then it is tin tomatoes all day long.

I also HAVE to have fried potatoes or chips as well. A full English with fried or chipped potatoes before heading to the pub this Saturday sets me right up for the footy at 3pm.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm going to be controversial here. I NEVER dip my sausages or bacon into the yolk of my fried egg. The egg always rests on my toast, and I eat all the white around the yolk, leaving the best till last. THEN I get stuck into the yolk by finally penetrating its yellowy membrane and consuming it as quickly as possible (with the toast) before too much of it leaks out across the plate.

Any yolk leakage is not wasted of course. I'll wipe it up with whatever I have left by that stage.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
A friend of mine at school had a PHOBIA about baked beans, he wouldn't go NEAR them.

Apparently it stemmed back to him seeing a dead blackbird once, with its chest ripped open. Its exposed heart looked JUST LIKE a little baked bean (he would tell me, with harrowing wide-eyed horror and through short, shallow breaths).

7 pages on baked beans?????? your post is interesting tho

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They've never even heard of them over there... Baked beans are as British as tea(?) and crumpets.

Quite so. The UK is by far the largest market for Heinz baked beans - at 445m tins a year. Australia is second with 60m. The US don't even make the top 10, with 10th consuming fewer than 1m tins (Hong Kong). Anyone spot a trend here?!

Beat me to it. This is unequivocally THE CORRECT ANSWER. If I'm doing a fry-up at home, the beans get served in a ramekin on the side.

A ramekin? I can't be bothered with such things - I use a small white, fluted bowl. *nods*

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Two slices of crispy Bacon, one (Pork) Sausage, one slice of Black Pudding, a runny Fried Egg, a tinned Tomato, Baked Beans, Fried Mushrooms and a round of Fried Bread.

Mug of Tea to wash it down with. Heaven...

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Beans are good for you.

bakedbeans.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here