Votes: 33 17.3%
  • Not fussed as I am a FREAK who doesn't like cooked breakfast

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I do feel a little sympathy for those adjacent to me at The Amex since the introduction of the tasty and plentiful chicken box containing (not Heinz I fear) a small tub of Beanz.

Fresh tomatoes on the brekkie, the soggy ones that burn the roof of your mouth are a no-no.

If only you had the option to create a poll people could vote on................

I looked for the option to create a poll, as I couldn't work it out in a few seconds I rapidly lost interest and moved on to the next question in my head, which incidentally is also Breakfast related.

HP or Red.?

Note: I have omitted any other variety of Brown sauce as there is simply no competition.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would say no, but mainly because nobody cooks them as I like them - they always come far too runny, and I like my sauce nearly cooked away. You don't want runny beans on an English.
Yes they are needed on a full English for me, but need to be warmed for a while until they are much drier than they are out of the tin.

Fried slice, grilled fresh tomato (NEVER, EVER tinned) and black pudding all essential.

Absolutely essential IMHO. A full English is too dry without them.

In fact, I would argue one of the only essential items, along with eggs. As you can have toast OR fried bread (but ideally both). Sausages OR bacon (but ideally both).

Notters, I normally tend to agree with you on most things.

BUT.

Beans on a Brekky is wrong imho, but allowing egg even on the same plate as Beans is tantamount to a crime punishable by hanging.

Shame on you.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This is an important issue, well worthy of a POLL

It's a YES from me, although I don't like the SOURCE to be too RUNNY

In recent times, I have been DRAWN to the expanded HEINZ range and am a big FAN of the Curry beans. Not sure these would have a ROLL in a Breakfast however.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Beans, yes (not too much juice, and a small enough portion so that they don't flollop over everything else - but no, an absolute no, No, NO to those horrible hash brown things. When did we start to allow those foul things to infest our lovely Full English?

I prefer Daddies brown

Get out of my thread, FREAK

depositphotos_1650168-stock-photo-caucasian-man-pointing-and-shouting.jpg

This is an important issue, well worthy of a POLL

It's a YES from me, although I don't like the SOURCE to be too RUNNY

In recent times, I have been DRAWN to the expanded HEINZ range and am a big FAN of the Curry beans. Not sure these would have a ROLL in a Breakfast however.

Feel free to add one, I couldn't be arsed.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Tinned tomatoes are a crime against society. They make your fried bread or toast soggy.
I eliminate this problem by over cooking said tomatoes in a frying pan with plenty of fresh ground black pepper, this combination tends to leave the said tomatoes only semi moist subsequently preventing soggy toast/fried bread, mmm, think I will have to instruct Mrs G on today's menu.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I looked for the option to create a poll, as I couldn't work it out in a few seconds I rapidly lost interest and moved on to the next question in my head, which incidentally is also Breakfast related.

HP or Red.?

Note: I have omitted any other variety of Brown sauce as there is simply no competition.

HP brown every time

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

HP or Red.?

English mustard and Worcester sauce for me. None of that other gunk.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Beans are NOT an addition to a full English, they are a part of the full English, along with sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms and toast ... anything else is an addition. What should never appear, IMHO, are:

Either Hash Browns or a stray Tomato.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't MIND them, as long as they're not TOUCHING anything else.

Usually I will use my sausage to form an inpenetrable BARRIER between the beans and the rest of the brekkie. I'll then scoff enough BEANAGE to ensure none of them can transgress across the plate and mingle with anything it shouldn't, after I've inevitably gone and breached the pork-based border.

If it even TOUCHES my toast then its game over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here