Votes: 33 17.3%
  • Not fussed as I am a FREAK who doesn't like cooked breakfast

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't MIND them, as long as they're not TOUCHING anything else.

Usually I will use my sausage to form an inpenetrable BARRIER between the beans and the rest of the brekkie. I'll then scoff enough BEANAGE to ensure none of them can transgress across the plate and mingle with anything it shouldn't, after I've inevitably gone and breached the pork-based border.

If it even TOUCHES my toast then its game over.

Beat me to it. This is unequivocally THE CORRECT ANSWER. If I'm doing a fry-up at home, the beans get served in a ramekin on the side.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm forced to admit, I do enjoy the odd baked bean in a full English. The only problem that arises, and it is a fairly large one, is that I don't believe that baked beans should be on the same plate as a fried egg. It looks akin to a car crash when the runny yolk bursts.

At the end of the day I like the fried egg even more than the baked bean, so more often than not, the ;poor old bean misses out..

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I will happily eat a fry up without beans, but beans are very welcome to be there. Are they as vital as sausages or bacon? No. But they still have a role to play.

I'm forced to admit, I do enjoy the odd baked bean in a full English. The only problem that arises, and it is a fairly large one, is that I don't believe that baked beans should be on the same plate as a fried egg. It looks akin to a car crash when the runny yolk bursts.

At the end of the day I like the fried egg even more than the baked bean, so more often than not, the ;poor old bean misses out..

This man knows his shit.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its a weird one, because generally I would not want the sauce of the beans to penetrate the rest of my full english....

However I am a particular fan of a little bean juice on my fried bread :) and they do go nicely with a mouthful of sausage...

Its a yes from me.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No, hate them.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i can take or leave, if i have them not too much with Full English (take up room from more crucial components.

In fact, I would argue one of the only essential items, along with eggs. As you can have toast OR fried bread (but ideally both). Sausages OR bacon (but ideally both)

??? OR bacon? utter nonsense.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The black country cafe,many moons ago,used to provide the cordon bleu answer to this.A mixture of beans and tomatoes,with added Worcester sauce and a splash of Tabasco!Don't knock it till you've tried it :drool:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
i can take or leave, if i have them not too much with Full English (take up room from more crucial components.

??? OR bacon? utter nonsense.

I thought that would cause controversy, but I prefer decent sausages to bacon, so would rather have extra sausages.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It depends. I wouldn't have them at home but when I'm at a hotel, I usually have them because there are so few vegetarian options

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Essentially British.... always request them... always include them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought that would cause controversy, but I prefer decent sausages to bacon, so would rather have extra sausages.

i absolutely back the decent sausage vote, save them for lunch or dinner. with beans and chips. breakfast is the domain of Bacon, sausages are a support act.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A friend of mine at school had a PHOBIA about baked beans, he wouldn't go NEAR them.

Apparently it stemmed back to him seeing a dead blackbird once, with its chest ripped open. Its exposed heart looked JUST LIKE a little baked bean (he would tell me, with harrowing wide-eyed horror and through short, shallow breaths).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here