BAFTA's tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
BBC1 tonight. I hope Skyfall gets summat.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
BBC1 tonight. I hope Skyfall gets summat.

Another award for Adele no doubt. Apparently her earnings were £41, 000 a day last year and her overall worth is £15million. This is all based on one album- proof that there is no justice in the music industry and the majority of the general public are lazy listeners.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Another award for Adele no doubt. Apparently her earnings were £41, 000 a day last year and her overall worth is £15million. This is all based on one album- proof that there is no justice in the music industry and the majority of the general public are lazy listeners.

Yes/ Although I think the music Industry has always been like this. U2 and Foo Fighters are 2 of the biggest, richest bands in the world and they produce, bland, unchallenging rock music for teenagers and middle aged men with no imagination. We have always had to search out good music. Thank god this process is easier through the internet. How that fat lass Adele earns that much though is a travesty.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yes/ Although I think the music Industry has always been like this. U2 and Foo Fighters are 2 of the biggest, richest bands in the world and they produce, bland, unchallenging rock music for teenagers and middle aged men with no imagination. We have always had to search out good music. Thank god this process is easier through the internet. How that fat lass Adele earns that much though is a travesty.

Good music has always been around- you just have to look for it.

So- what other films are up for awards? I have no idea.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Good music has always been around- you just have to look for it.

So- what other films are up for awards? I have no idea.

Best Film 2013

Argo
Les Misérables
Life Of Pi
Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Director

Michael Haneke
Amour
Ben Affleck
Argo
Quentin Tarantino
Django Unchained
Ang Lee
Life Of Pi
Kathryn Bigelow
Zero Dark Thirty

Leading Actor

en Affleck
Argo
Bradley Cooper
Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis
Lincoln
Hugh Jackman
Les Misérables
Joaquin Phoenix
The Master

Leading Actress

Emmanuelle Riva
Amour
Helen Mirren
Hitchcock
Jennifer Lawrence
Silver Linings Playbook
Jessica Chastain
Zero Dark Thirty
Marion Cotillard
Rust And Bone

Supporting Actor

Alan Arkin
Argo
Christoph Waltz
Django Unchained
Javier Bardem
Skyfall
Philip Seymour Hoffman
The Master
Tommy Lee Jones
Lincoln

Supporting Actress

Amy Adams
The Master
Anne Hathaway
Les Misérables
Helen Hunt
The Sessions
Judi Dench
Skyfall
Sally Field
Lincoln

The main ones.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To who? Stephen Fry? Jonathan Ross? Film Four? Nick Park? Do you honestly think Tarantino doesn't just chuck his in a broom cupboard when he gets home?

It's a big deal in the sense that it boosts the British film Industry and from the point of view of receiving one, your value goes up in the industry. I'm not a huge fan of awards shows but inteerested to see who wins. Although looking at that list there aren't many surprises. The turgid Lincoln will no doubt clean up.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Best Film 2013

Argo
Les Misérables
Life Of Pi
Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Director

Michael Haneke
Amour
Ben Affleck
Argo
Quentin Tarantino
Django Unchained
Ang Lee
Life Of Pi
Kathryn Bigelow
Zero Dark Thirty

Leading Actor

en Affleck
Argo
Bradley Cooper
Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis
Lincoln
Hugh Jackman
Les Misérables
Joaquin Phoenix
The Master

Leading Actress

Emmanuelle Riva
Amour
Helen Mirren
Hitchcock
Jennifer Lawrence
Silver Linings Playbook
Jessica Chastain
Zero Dark Thirty
Marion Cotillard
Rust And Bone

Supporting Actor

Alan Arkin
Argo
Christoph Waltz
Django Unchained
Javier Bardem
Skyfall
Philip Seymour Hoffman
The Master
Tommy Lee Jones
Lincoln

Supporting Actress

Amy Adams
The Master
Anne Hathaway
Les Misérables
Helen Hunt
The Sessions
Judi Dench
Skyfall
Sally Field
Lincoln

The main ones.

Thanks- Not very British then.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's a big deal in the sense that it boosts the British film Industry and from the point of view of receiving one, your value goes up in the industry. I'm not a huge fan of awards shows but inteerested to see who wins. Although looking at that list there aren't many surprises. The turgid Lincoln will no doubt clean up.

It is very odd that Lincoln has won almost across the board 5 star reviews in the USA and UK from respected film critics, Roger Ebert giving it 100 out of 100, one of many, but everyone on NSC including you thinks it is shit. Strange that. Anyway you will be pleased to know Lincoln will win f*** all. I am not even sure DD-L will win. Lincoln got 1 Golden Globe, DD-L. It will probably win 1 oscar for the same award. Spielberg isn't even nomintated for best director, so rest easy Nibble, the turdfest that is Lincoln will be overlooked.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is very odd that Lincoln has won almost across the board 5 star reviews in the USA and UK from respected film critics, Roger Ebert giving it 100 out of 100, one of many, but everyone on NSC including you thinks it is shit. Strange that. Anyway you will be pleased to know Lincoln will win f*** all. I am not even sure DD-L will win. Lincoln got 1 Golden Globe, DD-L. It will probably win 1 oscar for the same award. Spielberg isn't even nomintated for Lincoln so rest easy Nibble, the turdfest that is Lincoln will be overlooked.

I thin DDL gave a fantastic performance just a shame Spielberg surrounded it with such benality. I haven't enjoyed a Spielberg film for decades. However I appreciate you are an unconditional fan.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Best Film 2013

** Argo **
Les Misérables
Life Of Pi
Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Director

Michael Haneke
Amour
**Ben Affleck
Argo **
Quentin Tarantino
Django Unchained
Ang Lee
Life Of Pi
Kathryn Bigelow
Zero Dark Thirty

Leading Actor

Ben Affleck
Argo
Bradley Cooper
Silver Linings Playbook
** Daniel Day-Lewis
Lincoln **
Hugh Jackman
Les Misérables
Joaquin Phoenix
The Master

Leading Actress

Emmanuelle Riva
Amour
** Helen Mirren
Hitchcock **
Jennifer Lawrence
Silver Linings Playbook
Jessica Chastain
Zero Dark Thirty
Marion Cotillard
Rust And Bone

Supporting Actor

Alan Arkin
Argo
Christoph Waltz
Django Unchained
Javier Bardem
Skyfall
** Philip Seymour Hoffman
The Master **
Tommy Lee Jones
Lincoln

Supporting Actress

Amy Adams
The Master
** Anne Hathaway
Les Misérables **
Helen Hunt
The Sessions
Judi Dench
Skyfall
Sally Field
Lincoln

The main ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I thin DDL gave a fantastic performance just a shame Spielberg surrounded it with such benality. I haven't enjoyed a Spielberg film for decades. However I appreciate you are an unconditional fan.

Whatever.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How did Bradley Cooper get on that list!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

When I did a thread on this the overwhleming consensus on NSC was that DD-L was shit in Lincoln.

- - - Updated - - -

How did Bradley Cooper get on that list!

Er, because he gave a great performance ? Is there anything you like, I mean anything ? All you ever do is slag of every film, every actor, it's quite tiresome.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When I did a thread on this the overwhleming consensus on NSC was that DD-L was shit in Lincoln.

- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR

Er, because he gave a great performance ? Is there anything you like, I mean anything ? All you ever do is slag off ever film, every actor, it's quite tiresome.

Uhm, I just said I like DDL performance. But that doesn't really fit your agenda of "Poor me,everybody slags my choices off, they must hate me" Come up with something half decent and I'll probably like it.Bang on about f***ing Spielberg and all that wishy washy, saccahrine horsehsit you lap up all the time and it just serves to remind me what a boring, Predictable dullard yuo are.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just seen best animated film has three nominations- Brave, Frankenweenie and ParaNorman.

What has happened to Pirates an adventure with Scientists which I thought was excellent.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And apparerently Adele is shit as well. Okey Dokey then.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, I just said I like DDL performance. But that doesn't really fit your agenda of "Poor me,everybody slags my choices off, they must hate me" Come up with something half decent and I'll probably like it.Bang on about f***ing Spielberg and all that wishy washy, saccahrine horsehsit you lap up all the time and it just serves to remind me what a boring, Predictable dullard yuo are.

What a bellend.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

What a bellend.

Did she do a good job on Skyfall? Yes. Is she a good singer? yes. Is she to my taste? No. what's your problem you freak?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What a bellend.

Oh christ, you're not gonna have one of your pissy knicker fits and flounce off for months only to return banging on about the same old crap are you? I though the point of your break was to regroup, not come back on here and get all shitty if someone doesn't like Spileberg. Are you a child?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports