Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BAFTA's tonight

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Did she do a good job on Skyfall? Yes. Is she a good singer? yes. Is she to my taste? No. what's your problem you freak?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't particularly like her, I do not possess a single record of hers but I can see she is talented. You are bitter and just see anyone who is talented or successful as being shit.

Oh christ, you're not gonna have one of your pissy knicker fits and flounce off for months only to return banging on about the same old crap are you? I though the point of your break was to regroup, not come back on here and get all shitty if someone doesn't like Spileberg. Are you a child?

as I said bellend.

- - - Updated - - -

She is not to my taste but I can appreciate she is talented as I am not bitter.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Just seen best animated film has three nominations- Brave, Frankenweenie and ParaNorman.

What has happened to Pirates an adventure with Scientists which I thought was excellent.

Yeah, I enjoyed that and I don't really like animated stuff.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
as I said bellend.

- - - Updated - - -

She is not to my taste but I can appreciate she is talented as I am not bitter.

Um, are yo ublind. That is just what I said. Anyway, it's called having your own opinion, something, judging by your crying and flouncing episodes, of which there are many, you seem to take issue with. Christ, you must be a wow at parties.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Finished? Good. Anyway, I'd like to see Argo garner some awards but looking at the list I think Zero Dark Thirty or Lincoln will bring home the most awards.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Finished? Good. Anyway, I'd like to see Argo garner some awards but looking at the list I think Zero Dark Thirty or Lincoln will bring home the most awards.

Saw Argo last night, great film I preferred that to Lincoln or Zero Dark 30.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Saw Argo last night, great film I preferred that to Lincoln or Zero Dark 30.

Agreed. I have to admit Lincoln wa sthe first film I have ever walked out of. An hour in I couldn't take it anynmore and went home for tea and toast. Argo was very good. Ben Affleck is making a well deserved rep for himself. His directorial debut Gone Baby Gone was superb, have you seen it?

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Agreed. I have to admit Lincoln wa sthe first film I have ever walked out of. An hour in I couldn't take it anynmore and went home for tea and toast. Argo was very good. Ben Affleck is making a well deserved rep for himself. His directorial debut Gone Baby Gone was superb, have you seen it?

I struggled to stay awake during Lincoln. Although its well shot with some good performances it was mind numbingly dull. Not seen Gone Baby Gone.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I struggled to stay awake during Lincoln. Although its well shot with some good performances it was mind numbingly dull. Not seen Gone Baby Gone.

GBG, is very good. Casey Affleck in lead, for my money one of the best actors around. Very, VERY upsetting subject matter (missing/murdered children) but pulls no punches and is utterly engrossing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was faced with a difficult choice friday night, I saw Django Unchained because I could not get to the DOY's in time to see Argo, which started at 18.00. will try to see it on one of its few showings left now.
However, back on thread, i do hope Skyfall gets something at the BAFTA's it was a cracking film with all the best of Bond's past and Daniel Craig makes a fantastic Bond, closing in on Connery almost.
Not sure if Lincoln will do that well as it is SO American and its not been on general release for long before the awards. Some films start slowly in awards ceremonies and build up momentum until the Oscars and I feel its a bit early for Lincoln

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Agreed although I don't think it really matters how long they have been out as if I'm correct (I may be mistaken) it's the acadamy that votes so it doesn't really take into account general popularity and bums on seats.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Thanks- Not very British then.

Exactly. Predominantly mainstream American, big budget shite. The BAFTAS should be promoting European cinema and leaving Hollywood to do their own thing with the Oscars. So much brilliant British and Euro cinema that gets sidelined, but hey, let's dust off (insert octogenarian Brit actor here) and close the show with his/her Lifetime Achievement Award and no one will notice.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Exactly. Predominantly mainstream American, big budget shite. The BAFTAS should be promoting European cinema and leaving Hollywood to do their own thing with the Oscars. So much brilliant British and Euro cinema that gets sidelined, but hey, let's dust off (insert octogenarian Brit actor here) and close the show with his/her Lifetime Achievement Award and no one will notice.

Cannot diagaree with that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good points CM, I'm hoping that Sightseers gets something as that shows how good "low budget" British movies can be. The writers and actors really deserve some recognition.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
How did Bradley Cooper get on that list!

Innit. That's a truly dogshit best actor list. Phoenix is the only one that gave something different, although it being his own brand of gnarled fuckuppery that's starting to be regular. DD-L was alright, but is spending a couple of hours hammily squinting and looking smug with an anecdote or two whilst having to put up with an inhumane script really worthy of reward?
Best supporting seem a collection of better actors.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Innit. That's a truly dogshit best actor list. Phoenix is the only one that gave something different, although it being his own brand of gnarled fuckuppery that's starting to be regular. DD-L was alright, but is spending a couple of hours hammily squinting and looking smug with an anecdote or two whilst having to put up with an inhumane script really worthy of reward?
Best supporting seem a collection of better actors.

I did not think much of The Master myself, I think neither Phoenix or Seymour-Hoffman deserve a gong for that film. In fact S-H as the "enigmatic" leader of the cult was sleepwalking through the whole film, very little enigma showing.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Off to see I wish next week. That looks proper good.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I did not think much of The Master myself, I think neither Phoenix or Seymour-Hoffman deserve a gong for that film. In fact S-H as the "enigmatic" leader of the cult was sleepwalking through the whole film, very little enigma showing.

I disagree. Not a great film, but a decent one and i thought the S-H was a good mix of general smoothtalker and merciless animal when under threat. I'm a bit lovestruck where he's concerned though, like Spielberg on Spielberg, so i doubt i'd notice his off-days. Still, i thought it a good film, certainly in comparison to the other stuff in a year of the unextraordinary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here