Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad Losers

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
See Palarses fan number drop by at least half when they eventually get relegated it always does. 12-14k when in the Championship only went up
when they got into the playoffs and suddenly doubled overnight when they had their first match back in the Premier League.
Wow I wonder where those extra ten or so thousand were before that ? ha ha
They will all be back watching their " first " teams in London like Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea when the scum are relegated.
It makes me laugh when Palarse fans say" well you only had 5,6.7K at Withdean !! Thats right you thick ***** because that's all it held !!!
Then you get the " well the Goldstone never filled up " well it did look back on the records, the only reason it didn't for the last 10 years or so was because over half of it was condemned you brainless human filth.
RANT OVER

Without sounding controversial didn't we struggle to fill an extended Withdean at times. Lets face it we have benefited massively from the new stadium effect.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Without sounding controversial didn't we struggle to fill an extended Withdean at times. Lets face it we have benefited massively from the new stadium effect.
After 10 years plus of rain soaked games against shittty teams like Carlisle and Crewe.... people were a bit jaded with the idea of paying twenty odd quid for that standard of Albion experience .....

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Are they this stupid every week or have they just behaved this way for this one game?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
After 10 years plus of rain soaked games against shittty teams like Carlisle and Crewe.... people were a bit jaded with the idea of paying twenty odd quid for that standard of Albion experience .....

I can't have been the only one who thought that Fortress Withdean was alright, yes I love The Amex, but I enjoyed the Withdean years. Who can forget Rocket Man, away fans when they were in the right corner before we moved them closer to Shoreham and chips .... yes chips, I love them chips! Queuing at The Sportsman, cava in plastic cups when we thought we'd got planning permission, Hartlepool 4-2 under a constant drizzle, those Championships, Zamora!, Cullip, Carpenter, Hart, Mayo, Watson and Lee Steele! Wet seats, away fans in the woods trying to see the game, and for a while a pitch akin to an allotment!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I can't have been the only one who thought that Fortress Withdean was alright, yes I love The Amex, but I enjoyed the Withdean years. Who can forget Rocket Man, away fans when they were in the right corner before we moved them closer to Shoreham and chips .... yes chips, I love them chips! Queuing at The Sportsman, cava in plastic cups when we thought we'd got planning permission, Hartlepool 4-2 under a constant drizzle, those Championships, Zamora!, Cullip, Carpenter, Hart, Mayo, Watson and Lee Steele! Wet seats, away fans in the woods trying to see the game, and for a while a pitch akin to an allotment!
Not for me.... it was a turgid experience.... though yes, some good performances.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The first 5 years of the 12(?) Withdean seasons were great fun, as was the last season. In between, it was pretty turd IMO.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't disagree with your there guys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here