Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad Losers

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I will grudgingly suggest that if you read the entire transcript of The Great Joniesta's interview, he does actually say what the Albion players did surrounding the penalty at the end was fair game. I'd have expected him to whine a lot more about that. But the rest is typical Palace whimpering of course.

The fact that he got their sponsors' MoM award says a lot about how dismal their midfield must be. Sure, he got plenty of the ball in the first half, but spent much of that time falling over and looking at the referee with those sad blue eyes of his, or running into Albion defenders. No wonder he's always injured: he must be bruised from hitting the ground so much.

He had that one chance where he beat a couple of players and wiggled his way into the box, before shooting in such a pathetic manner, the ball actually apologised to David Stockdale for wasting his time as it rolled into his hands.

Such a shame to see that he's had to adjust his career aspirations from the Nou Camp to the Moo Camp. Poor Joniesta :lol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Anyone see the incident that led to Wilson going off?

Lewington (I think) caught him in the head with his boot. Bruno went mental. Wouldn't like to say the foot was left in intentionally but didn't seem like he made a big effort to avoid it either. Tough to say without the benefit of a replay.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Having watched the penalty again, it looks like Stephens missed the ball and it hit Hemed in the face. I heard somewhere that the linesman who gave it was a late local replacement?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lewington (I think) caught him in the head with his boot. Bruno went mental. Wouldn't like to say the foot was left in intentionally but didn't seem like he made a big effort to avoid it either. Tough to say without the benefit of a replay.

Thanks ..that's what I thought I saw..seems to have been forgotten about what with all the other incidents

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Which all happened because MKD were playing on after Skalak had been pole axed, and Wilson was attempting to boot the ball out.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
From their forum:

"All i can say is if brighton fans think this team is good enough for the prem they are deluded, probably the worst of the top 5 teams i've seen at stad mk this season, cheating and time wasting simply wont be enough to get results in the prem, honestly thought we deserved at least a point today."

Those grapes seem a bit sour.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Let's face it, there was plenty of shenanigans aimed at delaying the penalty. It worked. If we were on the receiving end we would have been bitter.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Quote:
Karl Robinson..........
"I thought our energy and desire was there, and obviously, with us missing a penalty in the 91st minute, they’ve won the lottery today."

What a load of old baloney :)

Karl Robinson was bleating the same rubbish as after our home game.

Karl that's twice we've played you and twice we have not had to be at our best to beat your lot - your team are league 1 at best so off you trot mate :wave:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I was there and have now watched the incident on the highlights a few times. There's a deliberate movement buy the MK Dons defender with his elbow towards Hemed. The ref had a very good view of it to be fair

It was also the second time he did it, throwing his elbow at Wilson in similar style, earlier in the half. Could have gone for that.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I love this quote from the palarse **** - "For most of it [the game], we had Brighton were we wanted them, so it is a shame to concede two avoidable."

Not sure how conceding goals on the 56th and 62nd minutes can mean they had us were they wanted us? Perhaps the plan was to lull us into a false sense of security by being a bit shit.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I love this quote from the palarse **** - "For most of it [the game], we had Brighton were we wanted them, so it is a shame to concede two avoidable."

Not sure how conceding goals on the 56th and 62nd minutes can mean they had us were they wanted us? Perhaps the plan was to lull us into a false sense of security by being a bit shit.

They succeeded

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lucky for Robinson that it was a straight red then, he can appeal.
Wouldn't be able to if it was a second yellow.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was also the second time he did it, throwing his elbow at Wilson in similar style, earlier in the half. Could have gone for that.

You can take the boy out of Crawley...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No mention of the fact our players were incensed at the awarding of a late peno that never was in a game we fully deserved to win. Absolute nonsense spouting from the franchise. And for any player representing that shambles of a pretend football club to so much as dare mention MORALS :lol: I can't forget - utter *****.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From their forum:

"All i can say is if brighton fans think this team is good enough for the prem they are deluded, probably the worst of the top 5 teams i've seen at stad mk this season, cheating and time wasting simply wont be enough to get results in the prem, honestly thought we deserved at least a point today."

Those grapes seem a bit sour.
Not seen one person on here or anywhere suggest the team is good enough for the prem... Not that a franchise followers opinion counts one iota in my book.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Their dull little bellyaching is quite sweet really. It's just another attempt by them to appear to be a proper football club - you know, a real one, with grudges, controversies, stuff like that. Bless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here