Bad films you love

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
This thread needs to have a few set rules. Too many people are nominating films which are not "bad" at all. May I suggest using the website Rotten Tomatoes. Where bad movies are labelled as being "rotten" if they get below 50% by a large number of reviewers.

My entry is Mortal Kombat:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mortal_kombat/

33% but for some reason I love it.

Maybe it's the Utah Saints soundtrack.
I love Mortal Kombat because Christophe Lambert as Raiden.
For a truly dreadful film which is so bad its good, I present to the class "Night of the Lepus", which features an infestation of giant mutated carniverous killer rabbits. The special effects amounted to people in rabbit costumes, and real rabbits being filmed next to miniature models.

Nightoflepus.jpg

Glorious.
Had DeForest Kelley in too iirc so another plus :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There were a few 80/90's attempts at Superhero films. I remember seeing a really bad Captain America film that had Ned Beatty as the bad guy but can't remember who played Cap'n.

Here is the trailer, they did the best they could with a poor budget...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo8DcSJqp8I

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Phantom of Paradise ............seventies cheese retelling of Phantom of the Opera and Faust . Has to seen just for the Beef /The Undead rock section.

It is fantastic. So many being listed I would have included in my list had I thought of them.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shawshank Redemption - it really is overly sentimental claptrap but it has two of my favourite actors in it and I've probably seen it at least ten times.

A bad film ? Is is number 1 on imdb with an average rating of 9.2 out of 10 from over 500 000 votes.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Phantom of Paradise ............seventies cheese retelling of Phantom of the Opera and Faust . Has to seen just for the Beef /The Undead rock section.

Megan 1 and 2.

Two excellent no-budget movies that won't win any Oscars, but won my heart.

Mr Icicle Boots

Apr 12, 2013
North East Aegean.
I actually went to the cinema to watch that little beauty. :shootself
I too handed over hard earned pocket money to watch this cinematic feast. Genius.
Other personal video staples; Major League and The Fog (The first one, before he remade his own film :wrong:)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Escape To Victory

This.

The German kit was amazing. The inclusion of so many Ipswich players. The breaking of Kevin o'Callaghan's arm. And the end sequence when the German soldiers forget how to use their guns when the crowd and players escape out of the stadium.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports