Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad films you love

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Has to be 'Sexy Beast' for me. Not a great film but can't help but like it!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Not this time, Muzz. Not this time. Not this ****ing time. No. No no no no no no no no no! No! No no no no no no no no no no no no no! No! Not this fvcking time! No fvcking way! No fvcking way, no fvcking way, no fvcking way! You've made me look a right ****!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
That's the one Pete. Like I said, it's not one of Ray Winstones best but I do love it :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Labyrinth. I know it's cult but it is basically shit. But I bloody love it. It has everything I could ask for in a film.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Sexy Beast IS a great film. Ben Kinsgley gives a performance of such malignant EVIL I it almost beggars belief that this was the same bloke who portrayed Gandhi. Tremendous viewing.

For a truly dreadful film which is so bad its good, I present to the class "Night of the Lepus", which features an infestation of giant mutated carniverous killer rabbits. The special effects amounted to people in rabbit costumes, and real rabbits being filmed next to miniature models.

Nightoflepus.jpg

Glorious.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The Day After Tomorrow
Deep Impact

For some reason I keep watching Prometheous as well.

Oh, and that film where Gary Botox Sinese goes to Mars and they find a spaceship inside the face thingy

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bad Santa.

Although I may have misunderstood the thread title.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Not a great film?!

You'll be disappointed with that conclusion. :facepalm:

Actually, I will nominate a couple of stinkers that I've had mucho entertainment from over the years:-

Firstly, does anybody remember Doc Savage:The Man of Bronze 'starring' Ron Healy? An appalling effort - even for 1975 - but never failed to provide great enjoyment to yours truly. And then there's the spectacularly poor Green Street - which was so criminally ham, I even decided to take the somewhat drastic step of cheerfully purchasing a copy for 49p from Tesco (a few years ago). Bargain! :thumbsup:

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Pacific Rim for me. Terrible story and the acting isn't up to much; I love giant robots though, so it held my attention better than any film that could otherwise be labelled bad in the last 2-3 years.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I had a think about rules. I'm not sure rules work because most people know a bad film when they see it. Ratings don't count much as if you take TV, we all know X Factor is bad but it gets terrific ratings. Or just for knowing summat is bad, we all know Roadhouse is a shocking film, falling into every 80's pitfall and cliché and not even being well regarded in it's time.

Bad can mean many things though. Take Night at The Museum. A film I happen to really like, summat quite cosy about it, the sort of film I would have on if I were wrapping Christmas presents. It is well made, good production values, good cast and yet there is something inherently bad about it.

A well made film can be awful but enjoyable just as a really badly made film can be enjoyable. I think we just know.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Phantom of Paradise ............seventies cheese retelling of Phantom of the Opera and Faust . Has to seen just for the Beef /The Undead rock section.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here