Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back up keeper

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reviews I've read have been very good. Yes, of course he has the odd howlers. So does Joe Hart!

Havent seen much of him but going by the reports on here which are mixed and the odd game on player for U23s I am not impressed or convinced he is anywhere near FL standard even Div 2.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Havent seen much of him but going by the reports on here which are mixed and the odd game on player for U23s I am not impressed or convinced he is anywhere near FL standard even Div 2.

We've obviously interpreted the reports we've read differently. There have been some very favourable comments made.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Only just read this thread as cant be bothered to get involved with the post Lincoln stuff.

Casper has always been piss poor and a calamity waiting to happen , lets not kid ourselves. Even when he was at his best he was a dropped cross away from costing us......and that was 5 years ago.

That said Stockdale wont get injured lol

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think that he was being polite and it was 2 defensive errors compounded by goal keeping inadequacies. It is the view of many that were there that he played a ball to Hunemier who had players around him and his experience should have helped Tomori but it didnt ad he didnt tell him he had time to do what he wanted. Which I and many others apparently would have expected him to do.

I would not be happy to rely on him in a league game, 5 years ago yes but not now.

How do you know what he told Tomori to do? He could have said something but Tomori decided to ignore him.

As for the point about the ball to Uwe, you couldn't be more wrong. You need to watch the highlights as there is nothing to back up the views of "those that were there". There was no-one within 10 yards of the BFG when he got the ball, he took a poor touch but still had time to compose himself before getting his clearance totally wrong and passing it straight to their player. I don't know how you can blame Caspar for that.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
How do you know what he told Tomori to do? He could have said something but Tomori decided to ignore him.

As for the point about the ball to Uwe, you couldn't be more wrong. There was no-one within 10 yards of the BFG when he got the ball, he took a poor touch but still had time to compose himself before getting his clearance totally wrong and passing it straight to their player. I don't know how you can blame Caspar for that.

Because he WANTS to.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Surely it would count if two are injured as we need a keeper on the bench? I am sure we can say Caspar picked up an injury stubbing out a fag.

No all first-team goalkeepers have to be injured at the same time. We need 3 first team goalkeepers registered, Ankergren still holds his registration even though he is now the goalkeeping coach for the Youth teams, therefore saving us wages.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Big Wayne (currently reserve keeper at Sutton) is on our radar apparently.
image.jpeg
To be fair he's on everyone's radar wether they like it or not but I thought it was worth mentioning (apols if fixtures).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

As for the point about the ball to Uwe, you couldn't be more wrong. You need to watch the highlights as there is nothing to back up the views of "those that were there". There was no-one within 10 yards of the BFG when he got the ball, he took a poor touch but still had time to compose himself before getting his clearance totally wrong and passing it straight to their player. I don't know how you can blame Caspar for that.

We were losing and needed a goal with only a few minutes remaining so surely the answer was route one for Murray to knock on.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
We were losing and needed a goal so surely the answer was route one for Murray to knock on.

If CA had done that and sliced it out of play he'd have been lambasted for giving away possession. The fact is you want to fault him for no reason other than you no longer think he's good enough, I agree on that point, but he was no way at fault for the goals on Saturday and it weakens your argument to claim otherwise.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You dont expect a keeper to slice it out although IIRC he cost us a crucial game at The Amex doing just that in the last few minutes. Even in his prime he wasnt IMHO one of our better keepers.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
You dont expect a keeper to slice it out although IIRC he cost us a crucial game at The Amex doing just that in the last few minutes. Even in his prime he wasnt IMHO one of our better keepers.

You've just proved my point, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't as far as you are concerned. He could have launched it down field at Murray and it been headed clear by their defence launching a counter attack. CA was trying to keep possession which was the sensible thing to do, it's not his fault Uwe gave the ball away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You've just proved my point, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't as far as you are concerned. He could have launched it down field at Murray and it been headed clear by their defence launching a counter attack. CA was trying to keep possession which was the sensible thing to do, it's not his fault Uwe gave the ball away.

We shall just have to agree to disagree as neither can be 100% correct as it all about opinions.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

I'm fairly confident that the occasion BG is trying to recall, was the home game against Leeds. We came from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 in the closing moments. Casper caught a cross, and with seconds ticking away, launched it down the other end, rather than keeping possession. Unfortunately, he didn't actually 'slice it out' at all - it sailed through to the Leeds keeper, who whacked it straight back up our end, for McCormack to score an injury time equaliser. Poyet went MENTAL at Casper for it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
We shall just have to agree to disagree as neither can be 100% correct as it all about opinions.

What has opinion got to do with the fact that Casper wasn't at fault for any of the goals. What could he have done to stop Uwe ballsing up his clearance? Other than launch it down field which could have led to a situation similar to that against Leeds that you referenced earlier. CA tried to keep us in possession which is the sensible thing to do and rely on players that are meant to be better with the ball at their feet than him to launch our attack.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm fairly confident that the occasion BG is trying to recall, was the home game against Leeds. We came from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 in the closing moments. Casper caught a cross, and with seconds ticking away, launched it down the other end, rather than keeping possession. Unfortunately, he didn't actually 'slice it out' at all - it sailed through to the Leeds keeper, who whacked it straight back up our end, for McCormack to score an injury time equaliser. Poyet went MENTAL at Casper for it.

That is pretty much how I remember it, too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Possession is fine but when needing a goal in the last few minutes the quickest route to their goal is a big kick.

That was the game I meant when a big kick to either corner was what was needed but he kicked it stright down the middle. If only he had done the same at Lincoln.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Possession is fine but when needing a goal in the last few minutes the quickest route to their goal is a big kick.

That was the game I meant when a big kick to either corner was what was needed but he kicked it stright down the middle. If only he had done the same at Lincoln.

It wasn't the last few mins though. We already knew there would be plenty of injury time left as the game was delayed for quite a while when Maenpaa got injured. There was still around 13 mins (including injury time) left when Uwe's mistake led to their 3rd goal. Let's face it you want to find fault with Caper so will keep changing your argument to blame him. First it was he played it to Uwe who was surrounded by players (he wasn't), now it's he should have launched it down field (we don't even know if Murray or Hemed were in a position to compete for a header).

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No Sanchez in the U23 squad today. Wonder if we'll see him on the bench on Thursday.

I think we are better off leaving Walton at Luton, unless we get an injury to DS. He's gaining valuable experience there. Until then CA is perfectly adequate to have as cover till Maenpaa is back.
We have a great back four, so hopefully he wont be put in the same position he was on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here