Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back, Sack or Crack

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Back, Sack or Crack

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

The season should not be judged until the season has finished.

3 home wins and a day in the sunshine against Man City in May will provide help to those who need it in achieving a better perspective on our second season in the Premier League.

Another perspective of our second season could be:

Big player investment, worse football, predictable and harmful brand damage to Brighton and Hove Albion.

On the plus side, we all love Chris, he is a lovely bloke.

Sorry, I have always bought into the performance and style of football and 10 men behind a ball really do not do it for me, unless we have Ronaldo.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Another perspective of our second season could be:

Big player investment, worse football, predictable and harmful brand damage to Brighton and Hove Albion.

On the plus side, we all love Chris, he is a lovely bloke.

Sorry, I have always bought into the performance and style of football and 10 men behind a ball really do not do it for me, unless we have Ronaldo.
No-one is arguing that the large amount of money spent on players in 2018 has not yet produced what we all, as Albion fans, would have hoped for.

Those of us with a brain can easily see that this has got very little to do with Chris Hughton's alleged inadequacy as a football manager.

The next 3 home games will have a big influence on our season - they represent nearly 50% of our most winnable fixtures. Let's hope for positive performances and good results of the type we have enjoyed so often in the past few years.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This debate reminds me a bit of the one we had about Mike Bailey in 1982..... and we know how that ended!
There is certainly something to be said for improving recruitment and presenting a more attacking approach to games.

However, we need to come from a position of strength to do that and it will take time; I would suggest Watford FC or Bournemouth are in some ways suitable models. We must continue to be patient and ensure Premier League safety for the next few years.
The suggestion that we should sack Hughton is just plain stupid in my opinion, but I have no doubt that the idea will continue to emerge from the same malcontents......

D

Deleted member 2719

No-one is arguing that the large amount of money spent on players in 2018 has not yet produced what we all, as Albion fans, would have hoped for.

Those of us with a brain can easily see that this has got very little to do with Chris Hughton's alleged inadequacy as a football manager.

The next 3 home games will have a big influence on our season - they represent nearly 50% of our most winnable fixtures. Let's hope for positive performances and good results of the type we have enjoyed so often in the past few years.

The brain cell bit almost sounds like a remoaner comeback.

This is about opinions and for the record I have a high IQ.

Yes the games you mention may just save Hughton's neck, so if he can't get the boys going for them then, it has to be farewell. Just hope we beat Cardiff.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Yes the games you mention may just save Hughton's neck, so if he can't get the boys going for them then, it has to be farewell. Just hope we beat Cardiff.
A bit more considered than your previous nonsense. For the record, my experience of people who reference their own "high IQ" is that they usually lack judgement.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Are those the same 'people with a brain' who knew that results would not improve with Man U sacking one of the worlds most successful managers?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
'Backers' still feeling full of joy about the prospects of another season like this? or have you already factored in relegation?

(and yes, I am going to Wembley, and I will love it, but it does not excuse/make up for the rest of the season).

Backer's may feel that like Burnley, who got relegated, then bounced back, then narrowly avoided relegation again, followed by an incredible Europe qualifying season, followed by a poor season equal to our own, have stuck by their manager through thick and thin. The manager is within the fabric of the club, understands the financial restraints, and works to get the best out of the available players.

Hughton, on the other hand delivered 2 incredible Championship seasons, and then perhaps against many predictions survived our first season. This season has been a struggle, even a happy clapper like myself can't gloss over that, BUT I don't necessarily conclude that the same will happen next season, and remain convinced Hughton is still the man to take us forward.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
The 'project' is still in it's infancy, finance wise....there needs to be good signings in the close season.
I'm not sure CH has the tactical nous for this division, so it may be kinder to off-hire him with a bit of compo one way or another.

I think a move upstairs might be in order some time soon. Last night, as with so many other games where we go behind and do zilch, doesn't augur well for next season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Are those the same 'people with a brain' who knew that results would not improve with Man U sacking one of the worlds most successful managers?
Rational analysis of the Man Utd situation was that they were underachieving with a massive budget. It also appeared from the outside that Mourinho had lost the dressing room and was behaving like a bit of a tit. No argument with that change.

Not sure that United have the right man now though and they may have acted in haste appointing him permamently. Their last 4 matches - defeats to Wolves and Arsenal and single goal wins over Watford and Southampton - don't look too clever.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
CH to stay until the end of next season at least, whatever that entails. I think if we stay up then TB will back him in the transfer market, with the proviso of raised expectations. If we go down then CH is the perfect guy to get us back up.

Now the multi million pound question, about three months too late. If you were TB, and believed in CH to be able to keep us up, or if not then be the perfect manager to bounce straight back, what would YOU do with YOUR money? The club made a £12,000,000 profit last season, going down loses multiples of this figure in income. Would you take that gamble, or try to avoid relegation with a new manager? In my view, that is one tough ‘kin choice!

D

Deleted member 2719

A bit more considered than your previous nonsense. For the record, my experience of people who reference their own "high IQ" is that they usually lack judgement.

Why do you feel the need to attempt to belittle someones point of view in such a way?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I do wonder why you have to put in the 'remoaner' jibe. What is the point of that?

D

Deleted member 2719

I do wonder why you have to put in the 'remoaner' jibe. What is the point of that?

The point is the remoaner has been using the 'thick, stupid and uneducated' tags all the time, not once have I seen a leaver call the remoaner the same.

Moshe was tagging me in the same way, just maybe he is a remoaner? Only a theory.

Hope this helps.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The point is the remoaner has been using the 'thick, stupid and uneducated' tags all the time, not once have I seen a leaver call the remoaner the same.

Moshe was tagging me in the same way, just maybe he is a remoaner? Only a theory.

Hope this helps.

Bit of a generalisation and expressed in an unnecessarily provocative way..... It doesn't help. Anyone.

D

Deleted member 2719

Bit of a generalisation and expressed in an unnecessarily provocative way..... It doesn't help. Anyone.

I respect your point of view however, Moshe quoted first 'Those of us with a brain can easily see that this has got very little to do with Chris Hughton's alleged inadequacy as a football manager'.

That is provocative, surely???

Come on man play fair.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I respect your point of view however, Moshe quoted first 'Those of us with a brain can easily see that this has got very little to do with Chris Hughton's alleged inadequacy as a football manager'.

That is provocative, surely???

Come on man play fair.

Clearly whatever he was saying (regardless of rudeness and provocation) was within the framework of this discussion on this thread. Yours was not.

Oh and....
Quote 'Why do you feel the need to attempt to belittle someones point of view ......?' -

That applies to Brexit as well as the thread you have created. Doesn't it?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Clearly whatever he was saying (regardless of rudeness and provocation) was within the framework of this discussion on this thread. Yours was not.

So that's okay then. :facepalm:

Ffs, perhaps you need to get back to work Mr Kyle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here