Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back, Sack or Crack

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Back, Sack or Crack

• Total voters

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
If we were any other premier League team I'm fairly sure he would have been ousted, especially after yesterday

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
While a lot of critisim for CH is justified I do think we should lay equal fault at the players feet , if they either cant handle the tactics given them then they should adjust them while on the pitch to suit the occasion but they dont. I have often seen CH on the touch line shouting and signalling to the players to push forward but they dont they sink backwards so lets at least share the blame to player and manager.

I still back CH but he should be looking closely at the formation & tactics .... it was a 4-4-2 & 4-4-1-1 that got us to where we are and was changed due to injuries to a V 4-3-3 hybrid .... maybe its time to roll back to what the team is best at and go 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 again as was always his favoured system.

D

Deleted member 2719

Who would you think we could realistically get in who could do a better job? Understand why Hughtons pragmatic approach won't please everyone, but it takes most clubs a few seasons to establish themselves in the Premier League and for us it was always going to be a slow build process.Think most of us realistic were aware at the start of the season that it was going to be a season where we were going to be in the relegation mix.

In no way did I ever feel we would roar up the league, but I still feel we really have gone ultra cautious and when that happens you are heading for trouble.

It's as if he is saying to the players you are not good enough against a team that is worse than us.
That cannot help the confidence and moral of the players.

Exactly he keeps reigning them in constantly, they are only let go if we go one down and if we do happen to go one up even from early in the game the brain washed players are back into default defend mode.

I just do not get that mentality, like you say it lowers the players' confidence.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Posts a thread saying he's leaving NSC, changes location to "OUT" just to hammer home the point.

Posts 6 times in the next Hour & 11 minutes. :lolol:

Attention seeking at its finest.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We are always going to be in the relegation mix, that's the problem. Realistically, we all know we are unlikely to get anywhere near challenging for a Europa league spot. Question is, when you say it takes a few seasons, how many do you mean. Also, to get established, you need to improve. At the moment it looks like we'll be worse than last year in both position and points tally.

As for Hughton, no point doing anything now but relegated or stay up by the skin of our teeth, need to do something in the close season.

There, I've said it.

If we survive 5 seasons then I would expect the cruise the 7th in the style of a West Ham. We'd have a solid team of average PL players, no one amazing, but no dead weight.

Even then we are only an injury disaster away from flirting with going down.

But it's in Hughton's makeup, defend defend defend if he had Liverpool's front 3 he would end up pulling them back to defend or dropping them from the squad. That's what he does.

I am frustrated by his negativity in games that are winnable, and I am currently not even paying to watch it!

I suppose a question I should have asked who will renew their ST to watch that every week???

Yet he produced some of the most breathtaking attacking football we've ever seen at the Amex. Who is the real Chris Hughton? I actually think he's tactically flexible and can't be pigeonholed in simple categories. I have faith he'll review the evidence of this season and take the necessary steps to improve our offensive game

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Are you still boycotting games because you failed to adhere to the terms and conditions to get a free shirt for your Son's 7th birthday?

Roll on the floor laughing...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How many fans will put up with more boring negative home performances?

One last thread from me because of the Brexit shite and crap negative football that so many of you have previously backed I decided to ditch NSC after 9,999 posts.

But because I wanted to see a defined list of where the fans stand now.

As some may know Hughton's football was never my type of football and that goes from the start, and nothing has changed for me, he walks along a tightrope that is 4 foot wide with 12-foot deep airbags either side.

This will never be my type of football even if it is my beloved Brighton and Hove Albion.

I believe that the club is bigger than the manager and bigger than the fans of today - or it should be.

And so, while we can pray for a different style and while Chris’s style may be imperfect, it’s about ensuring the long term success of the Albion.

That’s why I will stick with Chris.

Mid term, Chris needs to make the call as to when he knows he has taken us as far as he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I have said before, something has to change next season otherwise we will go down. I like to think that the recruitment team and Hughton will see this and act. They deserve to be given the opportunity.

My take is that we have a squad full of technically half decent and hard working players but no one is truly spectacular or with pace. I appreciate this isn’t easy, but a couple of marquee signings will improve things in many ways. This is all we need to move in the right direction.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yet he produced some of the most breathtaking attacking football we've ever seen at the Amex. Who is the real Chris Hughton? I actually think he's tactically flexible and can't be pigeonholed in simple categories. I have faith he'll review the evidence of this season and take the necessary steps to improve our offensive game

I’m glad someone else has said it. 15/16 and 16/17 at the Amex were an absolute treat for anyone that enjoys fast attacking football. We scored 3 or more goals on plenty of occasions, and not just against the cannon fodder either.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How many fans will put up with more boring negative home performances?

One last thread from me because of the Brexit shite and crap negative football that so many of you have previously backed I decided to ditch NSC after 9,999 posts.

But because I wanted to see a defined list of where the fans stand now.

As some may know Hughton's football was never my type of football and that goes from the start, and nothing has changed for me, he walks along a tightrope that is 4 foot wide with 12-foot deep airbags either side.

This will never be my type of football even if it is my beloved Brighton and Hove Albion.

Does this mean you're actually going to **** off? ??? If so....excellent!

In my case it is back, sack and crack. What do you think I am, some sort of neanderthal?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone who thinks sack at this stage of the season, should be banned from the Amex permenantly.

Weighted down with bricks and tossed into Shoreham harbour.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As I have said before, something has to change next season otherwise we will go down. I like to think that the recruitment team and Hughton will see this and act. They deserve to be given the opportunity.

My take is that we have a squad full of technically half decent and hard working players but no one is truly spectacular or with pace. I appreciate this isn’t easy, but a couple of marquee signings will improve things in many ways. This is all we need to move in the right direction.

This. With the single caveat that if we are bottom 3 in November, the owner may need to act. Not because 'we can't afford to go down' but because we want to be better than that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

This , this, this - preferably strong, quick, creative CMs with goals in them. With that sort of injection into the team (which will probably cost a major chunk of our £100M PL money) the rest of them will probably do well enough to get us through next season, a little bit better than this one.

Not half a dozen 'bargains' this time.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Just talking about this over dinner with the OH, thinking back to last season, had some really easy/convincing home wins, ManU, Swansea, West Ham, Arsenal, West Brom spring to mind. This season, bar Palace and perhaps ManU every win has been a struggle. For me this is a concern, as in theory you would expect to improve with new expensive players and a years PL experience under the belts of the rest of the squad. Not so from what we've witnessed so far. If we stay up, which I think we will, just, some serious quality needs to be added

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
'Backers' still feeling full of joy about the prospects of another season like this? or have you already factored in relegation?

(and yes, I am going to Wembley, and I will love it, but it does not excuse/make up for the rest of the season).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
'Backers' still feeling full of joy about the prospects of another season like this? or have you already factored in relegation?

(and yes, I am going to Wembley, and I will love it, but it does not excuse/make up for the rest of the season).
The season should not be judged until the season has finished.

3 home wins and a day in the sunshine against Man City in May will provide help to those who need it in achieving a better perspective on our second season in the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here