Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back in Garth's good books

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don’t see why he hasn’t produced his weekly column as it’s not as though he needs to watch the matches
Most accurate selection he's ever made :lolol:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
The wide one has put Ali Mac in his team of the week, and yet again is asking why the Brighton player isnt playing for a big club, what is it with Crooks and his constant jibes at Brighton, he really is a a knob.
I am a supporter of the BBC and hope it can survive the current political attacks. That said, this lazy buffoon always pushes me towards the defund brigade with his every utterance.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Had this to say, following on from a Son love in (lol) errrmmm scoring and (obviously) making his weekly ‘best’ XI…

“However, Spurs won this fixture due to the referee's ineffectiveness. Almost every major decision Stuart Atwell made was wrong. Almost every major decision Stuart Attwell made was wrong. Such was the incompetence, the Professional Game Match Officials Limited has had to apologise to Brighton for Attwell missing the foul on Kaoru Mitoma by Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg but what about the shirt pull by Clement Lenglet on Lewis Dunk? Of course, the PGMOL will blame it on VAR but the technology is there only to assist the referee, not to take charge of the fixture.”

It was so bad, he literally wrote it twice… let’s have it again:

Almost every decision Stuart Atwell made WAS WRONG.

For once… it’s not a bad summary.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Chris Sutton seems decent 👍

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Had this to say, following on from a Son love in (lol) errrmmm scoring and (obviously) making his weekly ‘best’ XI…

“However, Spurs won this fixture due to the referee's ineffectiveness. Almost every major decision Stuart Atwell made was wrong. Almost every major decision Stuart Attwell made was wrong. Such was the incompetence, the Professional Game Match Officials Limited has had to apologise to Brighton for Attwell missing the foul on Kaoru Mitoma by Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg but what about the shirt pull by Clement Lenglet on Lewis Dunk? Of course, the PGMOL will blame it on VAR but the technology is there only to assist the referee, not to take charge of the fixture.”

This week's researcher on work experience should go far!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sutton can seem a bit fly, but he's generally spot on when it comes to football (and indeed batting away the sniggering twattery from the man of brown).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65294896

Having selected Enciso in his team of the week, here is Garth's astute analysis of his performance.

About the Albion

How come Brighton can find talent at a fraction of the price Chelsea pay and still produce better results? All credit to Brighton - they have three mini-superstars in the midst. Kaoru Mitoma is having a magnificent season, Evan Ferguson is a sensational prospect and now...

About the player selected

...Julio Enciso, the 19-year-old from Paraguay who ripped the heart out of Chelsea with a magnificent strike.

About 'the big club' opposition

Chelsea could complain about this fixture being played on Saturday and not Sunday because of their midweek Champions League fixture with Real Madrid, but I wouldn't advise it. They have enough international players to field three teams. Graham Potter and Frank Lampard's failure to handle the resources available to them is telling. The ability to rotate the squad while competing for European glory and keeping pace with domestic matters at the same time is key to the success for any manager at a big club. There is no doubt the defeat in Madrid took its toll, but Chelsea have the resources to cope with that.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Oh what a surprise. The Girthed One watches a highlight reel on MOTD and see's a great strike, notices the scoreline and in a fit of incredible insight and investigate journalism, selects said Brighton player.

Nothing about Dunk who was MOM, Caicedo who bossed the midfield and stopped everything their over rated millionaire players could throw at us or any of our other outstanding players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh what a surprise. The Girthed One watches a highlight reel on MOTD and see's a great strike, notices the scoreline and in a fit of incredible insight and investigate journalism, selects said Brighton player.

Nothing about Dunk who was MOM, Caicedo who bossed the midfield and stopped everything their over rated millionaire players could throw at us or any of our other outstanding players.
Give the fat guy a break, FFS! He's got a difficult job to do (i.e. persuading the BBC to publish his twaddle week after week - and pay him for it). Could you or I get a gig like that, and keep it? I doubt it! I would if I could!
.......and at the end of the day, the poor tubbiness probably only gets a few thousand £ anyway. Keeps him off the streets with a sleeping bag and a bottle of Merrydown!

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Having selected Enciso in his team of the week, here is Garth's astute analysis of his performance.

About the Albion

How come Brighton can find talent at a fraction of the price Chelsea pay and still produce better results? All credit to Brighton - they have three mini-superstars in the midst. Kaoru Mitoma is having a magnificent season, Evan Ferguson is a sensational prospect and now...

...Julio Enciso, the 19-year-old from Paraguay who ripped the heart out of Chelsea with a magnificent strike.

Chelsea could complain about this fixture being played on Saturday and not Sunday because of their midweek Champions League fixture with Real Madrid, but I wouldn't advise it. They have enough international players to field three teams. Graham Potter and Frank Lampard's failure to handle the resources available to them is telling. The ability to rotate the squad while competing for European glory and keeping pace with domestic matters at the same time is key to the success for any manager at a big club. There is no doubt the defeat in Madrid took its toll, but Chelsea have the resources to cope with that.
What an idiot! Given they are playing the return leg against Madrid on Tuesday, I think they would have complained a hell of a lot more if the game had been played on Sunday

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Nothing about the player he selected!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

About the Albion

We have more than 3 mini-superstars!

However, I’m surprised that Garth gave us two sentences in that section when surely he had more to say about Chelsea?

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Well...he makes a comment about us constantly finding good young talent as if it's a complete revelation, what rock has he been hiding under? In fairness to Chelsea I didn't see anything about them complaining about the timing of the fixture, but maybe I missed it. Does he think Leeds and Liverpool are playing such dross none of their players could possibly get into to TOTW?

I am worried that I agree with his rant this week re Robertson and the lino but he doesn't go far enough, no mention of an 8 game ban for Robertson!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The guy is absolutely clueless. He put De Gea in this week after Forest had zero shots on target .....
Surely, Kepa would have been a better choice. Could not do anything about the two he let in, but made some good saves to stop the score being truly embarrassing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here