Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from the match...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I always think these 'Just back from the match' threads are more of a 'look at me, I went to (insert town/city here) and I reckon I'm an uberfan thread.

If you want to post about the game, there's a thread out there somewhere I'm sure, or maybe even start one about players ratings? It might catch on.

So you went up North and basically want to 'brag' about it. Twats.

Get a fecking life we WON today, be happy for him.:wave:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I always think these 'Just back from the match' threads are more of a 'look at me, I went to (insert town/city here) and I reckon I'm an uberfan thread.

If you want to post about the game, there's a thread out there somewhere I'm sure, or maybe even start one about players ratings? It might catch on.

Simple answer don't open the bloody thread then. The title somewhat gives it away

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
re Barnes, does it matter what colour the 'big centre back' was ?

I just stuck it in there on the off chance that some hand-wringer would rise to it and you've not let me down.

"Big black centre back" is fine so long as you would have used "smaller white centre back" to describe the other one. But I'd rather have their names. If you are combining the player ratings and just back threads but can't remember their players names it takes about two seconds to look them up on the internet. Which you're already on.

*wrings hands*

Last edited:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

**** me, people even moaning about what threads are started, god help us.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet

You cock

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"Big black centre back" is fine so long as you would have used "smaller white centre back" to describe the other one. But I'd rather have their names. If you are combining the player ratings and just back threads but can't remember their players names it takes about two seconds to look them up on the internet. Which you're already on.

*wrings hands*

Blimey

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With utmost respect, cobblers.

They can give their opinions on the normal match thread 'when they get back'.

Bollocks to that. I'm not trawling through 500 odd posts on the official match thread just to find the ones from people who were there. The "just back from the game" threads are PERFECT for getting the views of oeople who went , their match day experience etc. I'm sure 90% of the time they are posted without any attempt at showing off.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Bollocks to that. I'm not trawling through 500 odd posts on the official match thread just to find the ones from people who were there. The "just back from the game" threads are PERFECT for getting the views of oeople who went , their match day experience etc. I'm sure 90% of the time they are posted without any attempt at showing off.

Also you get a proper view, sometimes completely different to the view of WA on radio Sussex. Good on the people that have actually attended the game.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Just got in, left my wallet on a bus in Doncaster but aside from that a grand day out.

Kuszcack - 7 Not a lot of questions asked but dealt with most of what came at him tidily.

Bruno - 6 Didn't get tested much in first half, played some decent balls and a few duds.
Greer - 7 Looked solid
Upson 7 - Looked solid
Ward - 7 - Looked solid

JFC - 6 Great goal and started well but faded a lot, wasn't up to it when they were pressuring us after half time.
Crofts - 6 - Workman like
Andrews - 7 - Looked sharp

Conway - 2.5 - Useless, and that was the first time I'd seen him so I was going in without bias.
Buckley - 6 - Very rarely put in a cross, don't remember him once beating a man but did link up well.
Barnes - 8 - Did an unglamorous job very well, won a lot despite their big black center back being all over him. Deserved a goal.

Lita - 8 - Looked lively, a 4-4-2 should be at the very least strongly considered before the next match.
Calderon - 6 - Looked solid.
Lopez - 3 - I went to grab some food when Bruno went down injured so I didn't see who replaced him, took me about 15 minutes to realize he was on the pitch and then I forgot about him again until the free kick, and it was quality but beyond that he offered nothing.

Did you leave before final whistle? Bad fan!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm always interested to read the views of people who went to the game.

Unless it's Husty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here