Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away tickets - name checks - including 1901

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Had to collect tickets a couple of times for away games and no issue. Only one i thought was pointless was having to collect ticket at Palace and then having ticket and ID checked again at the turnstile.

With regards to being able to return unwanted away tickets, what we may find is those in top tiers will buy tickets even if they are unsure if they can go or not in the hope that their circumstances may change as they know they will be able to return the ticket if they cant go in the end. This may mean those in lower tiers may find less tickets available until much closer to the game. May require a limit on the number of times you can return tickets.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Had to collect tickets a couple of times for away games and no issue. Only one i thought was pointless was having to collect ticket at Palace and then having ticket and ID checked again at the turnstile.

With regards to being able to return unwanted away tickets, what we may find is those in top tiers will buy tickets even if they are unsure if they can go or not in the hope that their circumstances may change as they know they will be able to return the ticket if they cant go in the end. This may mean those in lower tiers may find less tickets available until much closer to the game. May require a limit on the number of times you can return tickets.
Limiting the number of times you can return a ticket is not a bad idea. 4 times should be the max (in my view). Also, you only get the refund if the ticket is resold. That will become easier when all away tickets become e-tickets, the sooner the better.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think you're conflating two different things...

1. Giving all fans the chance to buy a ticket at their appropriate time.
2. How to deal with the situation when legitimately bought tickets are no longer required.
Good point. You’re probably right. But mostly I am posting to congratulate you on the use of “conflating”. Beyond impressive.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting to note that the Wolves tickets have now gone to all season ticket holders and still 400+ left. Closed shop?
Repost, now it's actually Friday. Still 400+ left for all season ticket holders. Plenty of opportunity for people to get points outside of the top tiers.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The new rules banning passing on tickets having their desired effect of making more available at lower tier levels. Hopefully some left for Members on Tuesday.
Apparently it's because it is the school holidays and a bit too far away, that the 23000ish STH, even those with few LOYALTY points, haven't managed to sell it out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another Albion fan appealed to the IFO about their ban...

There’s a lot of unfortunate circumstances around ticket sharing isn’t there. Has there been many accept they were wrong and taken the punishment ?

I guess we never hear

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another Albion fan appealed to the IFO about their ban...

Interesting point made about the meeting minutes not being available as they are 'private'. This is surely a breach of GDPR?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting point made about the meeting minutes not being available as they are 'private'. This is surely a breach of GDPR?
Well, he could make a Subject Access Request which would require the club to release to him all information held about him. Assuming he's mentioned in the meeting minutes, and he obviously will be, they should be released too.

If the club fail to provide that, then he could go to the ICO and make a complaint.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The crucial part of that ruling is that the Father had been e mailed by the club to inform him of the checks and yet still chose to break the rules. To use the son’s mental health needs to try to avoid the consequence is, well…I am struggling to finish that sentence.
I agree, I do not really see what his son's health situation has to do with this other than he was not able to get to the game.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Apparently it's because it is the school holidays and a bit too far away, that the 23000ish STH, even those with few LOYALTY points, haven't managed to sell it out.
If people bought tickets for far away games, and accumulated points, there wouldn’t be all the complaining about failing to get tickets for Brentford etc. People need to travel to get tickets for those games.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Fair decision imo. They’re lucky the ban was reduced, bit daft to go ahead and pass the ticket on nowadays. The health situation is really irrelevant - there’s no list of acceptable ailments/conditions that allows a ticket to be transferred.
I think there should have been a grace period after they announced it, but to do it 6 months after the rules were implemented, was not the greatest idea

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've obviously got a solid group of away travelers who do most/all games, another group that are desperately trying to increase their LPs and then the large % of STHs that never or rarely go to away games (unless it's a Wembley semi final, then they'll be all over social media asking questions about how to get tickets, points tiers etc etc) - hence the tier 1/2 flood then sales drop to a trickle through the remaining levels. Kind of ties in a bit with the early leaving etc no ? Happy to go to a local game as long as it's not too inconvenient for them (not a problem by the way, just an observation but I suspect circumstances have led to us maybe having a bigger cohort in that category than many other clubs).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here