• Option D

Votes: 146 44.1%
  • Option E (please detail)

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
D - it's annoying when threads descend into a Brighton/Palace binfest, but get a life if you seriously get offended that someone supports a different team and you want to limit the posting priveges of someone because they have a different opinion to you. Without the opposing fans views and opinions NSC would descend into groupthink and lose its appeal and status as one of the best club fans' forums on the net..

Agree with this too. TBH much of the "nasty" stuff is little to do with the pikeys (or any other away fans) and when it is it's often provoked by daft threads about attendances or "our stadium is nicer than yours stuff" ... when it isn't the mods deal with it pretty quickly

Leave alone, it works well

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I would leave it as it as as let's be fair when we were above them last season and equally when they were bottom after 5 games of this season there was not a palace fan in sight on here. It's only their current position in relation to ours that is causing the current infestation

Some of the palace posters are very sensible and whilst his obsession with us is a bit stalky I do find Glenn Murrays delusion rather entertaining.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've gone for D, although I would not have a problem with C being adopted. The problem doesn't seem to be away fans per sé, it seems to be trolls in general (both away and BHA) ruining some threads. I know it puts a lot of responsibility on mods, but stricter moderation would solve some of these issues.

The openness and come one come all nature of NSC is what makes it so popular, and I do not see why the actions of a handful of posters should change that.

I would like to have C please.

There are some decent Palace posters, Little Al being one who has been posting for a good while longer than I have.

Dougie is another decent one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've gone for D, although I would not have a problem with C being adopted. The problem doesn't seem to be away fans per sé, it seems to be trolls in general (both away and BHA) ruining some threads. I know it puts a lot of responsibility on mods, but stricter moderation would solve some of these issues.

The openness and come one come all nature of NSC is what makes it so popular, and I do not see why the actions of a handful of posters should change that.
Ditto but the other way round.

I voted C but a toughening up of D is fine by me.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Option D is the only option that isnt full of loopholes where we can be unfairly accused of subjectivity. Freedom of speech get a big vote from me

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Apart from applying standard rules consistently, I can't see any justification for restricting any NSC user's posting rights on the basis of whether he or she is or is not an Albion supporter.

I've voted D.

This.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I voted D, anything else would alter the whole feel of this place IMHO.

Maybe jump a bit harder on anyone intentionally on a wind up, whatever team the offender supports.

I am a palace fan mind.

I voted D, anything else would alter the whole feel of this place IMHO.

Maybe jump a bit harder on anyone intentionally on a wind up, whatever team the offender supports.

I am a palace fan mind.

You're a mod on BBS aren't you, Blind Eagle?

If so, how do you think the Away End works over there and do you think it fair that all Brighton fans get instantly chucked in the away end where some posters only go to abuse?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Having an away end won't alter the ratio of idiots, it'll just alter the range of views. If people are deliberately trolling/rule-breaking, then sure, give them a ban for a few days. But other than that, let 'em all in

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You're a mod on BBS aren't you, Blind Eagle?

If so, how do you think the Away End works over there and do you think it fair that all Brighton fans get instantly chucked in the away end where some posters only go to abuse?

Yes, that's me. Whilst I'm more than happy to discuss the BBS modding on here, I fear that doing it on this thread would risk taking it well off topic which isn't appropriate.

Happy to do it on another thread mind. :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What about those away fans that aren't identified as away fans? It's not fair that they aren't restricted for the same thing as an identified away fan just because you don't know who they support. Test them to prove they are brighton fans? How would that work - this is the internet where they can find answers, or what if they've only been a brighton fan for a season or two?

Defining away fans could prove too problematic if you want a-c applied consistently.

Then you get into what exactly is inflammatory. As others have noted, there are brighton fans who react at a palace post without really reading it or paying attention to what is said. They are just going to whine and moan and go on and on about poor mods, often taking threads off topic - look at the last couple of threads like this with one poster in particular (whose name I can't recall right now) who was upset when the results of a vague and misleading poll was ignored because it was a vague and misleading poll kept using these threads as a chance to have a go at mods. Look at all the criticism titanic gets for his moderating actions involving palace fans, something that is constantly brought up, the recent mod thread got sidetracked into questioning Hans Kraay's Fan Club's modding decisions, etc. With such sensitive souls not able to accept mod decision, particularly with regard to away fans, threads will still be taken off topic and turn into annoying tantrums.

D is the best (defined*) option.

*allowing for someone to put forward a new idea in option e that addresses the point.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
D would seem to be the sensible option. Having said that, when the likes of L'Hampton Eagle only appear to troll and wind up, no infraction issued-simply get rid. NSC differs from most other club's forums by allowing away fans access to all threads-if these people are only intent on winding us up at every opportunity then don't give them access. This should apply to Albion fans on here too, engage brain before posting or take a long holiday away from the forum.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
All the most offensive comments I've read about Brighton players or managers have come from our own Brighton "fans". If they can't be kettled then why bother with the Palarse guys, even if a few of them are as woefully dim or perverse?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here