• Option D

Votes: 146 44.1%
  • Option E (please detail)

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Mixture of C and D for me.

Apologies if i've read this wrong and one of the options is exactly as I would like but: No 'away end', get a first warning for going off track with trolling and/or irrellevant Palace (or whoever it may be) b*llocks. Abuse that warning again and you're banned.

Some of the tedious stuff that Glenn Murray and others write doesn't warrant it's own subsection, just ban 'em.

Apart from applying standard rules consistently, I can't see any justification for restricting any NSC user's posting rights on the basis of whether he or she is or is not an Albion supporter.

I've voted D.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Voted C, but I would add that the away end needs to be robustly moderated and if they continue to behave like a **** they get banned, otherwise it will descent into chaos and just be full of abuse.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Anything but D makes us the same petty emotional cripples as BBS members.

They can be bloody annoying but opposing voices are the source of some lively debates on here.

Exactly this, Away Fans Sub-Forums are not the way to go, good moderating is.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Gotta keep the status quo shirely? It's not hard for a mod to ban any user regardless of who they support if they step out of line or breach the house rules. I don't mean that in a cheeky or disrespectful way, but having an Away end just stifles and restricts well-intentioned debate and discussion. Why have a two or three strikes rule and segregate potentially constructive discussion by copying what Palace do on their forum? That would only cause more headaches for the mods, I'm sure.

One thing I would say though - on another issue entirely - is that there should be a separate area for non-football related discussion. The Big Board would feel a lot less cluttered if it was restricted to football/sport-related posts. Having a separate subforum for general discussion, news and current affairs, "I saw a pig flying over Churchill Square yesterday" kind of threads would be better off in another part of NSC.

Just my two pence.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im minded to support the Bevendean Hillbilly position, however there are some proper arse hats that need warn/ban for just trolling. this would apply to any, not just opponent fans.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Cahn we do the same for the similar Brighton fans. They are the ones that really bug me.

C would mean TheMajor's attendance-baiting threads would go into the sub-forum...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
im minded to support the Bevendean Hillbilly position, however there are some proper arse hats that need warn/ban for just trolling. this would apply to any, not just opponent fans.

Agreed. But that's the same for some of our own bellends with multiple accounts or just bored wind up merchants. Our mods do a brilliant job behind the scenes dispatching most of these characters without fanfare or comment.

Classy that is. We are able to dish it out...we have to be able to take it.

inthebowls

portslade bluebird
Aug 14, 2011
I like C. There are some decent away fans posting on here, and yes some are even palace fans. I think that not just banishing away fans to an away end raises our forum above b.b.s and others like it. But I do get peed off with palace trolls who flirt around the edges of acceptable behaviour and just about get away with it. So a two strikes and your out to the away end rule sounds perfect.

sounds fair enough, i follow cardiff and av posted on here about 15 times i reckon. always been respectful even when you have beaten us. though did av a row with a jack on here once if i remember lol. even posted on here this morning telling you of a decent pub in barnsley. anyway, you cant ban me, i live in portslade and my daughter used to work behind the bar at the amex. :)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I voted D. I rest at the end of the day unhurt by the babbling ordinariness of those looking to incite from a Nigel perspective. So it matters little as to whether someone's wearing a different shirt as long as they don't just set out to heinously insult. I'd like to throw in a note of saying how i'd warn those boring souls who say the same thing over and over again, but i rather don't think that has anything to do with the poster of such grinding repetitiveness being from elsewhere. In general i am saying we should accept a turd of any colour, but visit Dr Hitony or Matron El Pres when one burns its way through and leaves what seems to be a permanent ugly stain in the warm underpants that this board generally is.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
sounds fair enough, i follow cardiff and av posted on here about 15 times i reckon. always been respectful even when you have beaten us. though did av a row with a jack on here once if i remember lol. even posted on here this morning telling you of a decent pub in barnsley. anyway, you cant ban me, i live in portslade and my daughter used to work behind the bar at the amex. :)

46 would be my guess.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I voted D. I rest at the end of the day unhurt by the babbling ordinariness of those looking to incite from a Nigel perspective. So it matters little as to whether someone's wearing a different shirt as long as they don't just set out to heinously insult. I'd like to throw in a note of saying how i'd warn those boring souls who say the same thing over and over again, but i rather don't think that has anything to do with the poster of such grinding repetitiveness being from elsewhere. In general i am saying we should accept a turd of any colour, but visit Dr Hitony or Matron El Pres when one burns its way through and leaves what seems to be a permanent ugly stain in the warm underpants that this board generally is.

I've been called some things on here over the years! but never a Doctor :lol: but I do agree with your thoughts :thumbsup: and I to have voted "D"

Another sub forum, call it what you like! is not required in my opinion.

inthebowls

portslade bluebird
Aug 14, 2011
46 would be my guess.

is it 46 ? fuk me. dont time fly when ur top of the league lol. only joking, still 50/50 that we will cock it up. though the point of forums is for football fans to share opinion and at the same time av a bit of friendly banter. but for me to come on here giving it billy big bollox i would have to be retarded. in my opinion, this forum is firstly for brighton fans, end of. though there should be no problem with other fans coming on here as long as there respectful and and can take a bit of stick for not being a brighton fan.:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I voted B, it's good to get another view, when there is a sensible post. As most Palace fans and some others who appear on here attract extra profanity when they show the slightest bit of trolling, best remove them from the main board asap, and put them straight in the naughty persons play room, to reduce the amount of cleaning up by the Mods, of the Adults lounge.
D doesn't work though, does it! Leads to lots of profanity, and the perp. sometimes takes a few posts to get rid of, thus encouraging retaliation from our own board members.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
B or C for me
There are plenty of decent away fans who come on here just for a bit of a chat (like the Cardiff fan above) and I see no sense in banning them to another part of the board where their comments probably wouldn't get seen. There are,however, some complete dickheads (BHA as well) who just need to be ignored and should have their own forum where they can scream abuse at each other all day long without annoying the sensible ones on here.

Feb 3, 2013
Apart from applying standard rules consistently, I can't see any justification for restricting any NSC user's posting rights on the basis of whether he or she is or is not an Albion supporter.

I've voted D.

Wouldn't expect anything else from you. You're so far left you'd have Abu Qatada living in no10 rather than him departed. You are living with the fairy's mate, old age I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here