Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans in the home stands

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sitting in the home end is fine by me just - like everything in life - don't be a bellend. I've sat on my hands at many a ground as we all know that's the price you pay ( and you don't get 15 loyalty points either). I've no sympathy for the celebratory types though. They deserve a good ribbing at the very least.
Exactly this for me too. Everyone knows the score. If you go in the home stands, don’t be jumping up and celebrating when your team scores. Certainly no colours. And sit on your hands, just enjoy game from a different perspective. Done this loads of times over the years. No dramas. And it’s fine the other way round at the Amex IMO.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Having been in the Millwall family enclosure when Forster scored the winner for us some years ago, I can highly recommend tutting.
In 1978 I went to a game at Millwall on my own. I was sensible enough not to wear colours. The atmosphere outside the ground was a bit ominous and there was no sign of other Albion fans. I decided that it would be safer to go in the Millwall family area than anywhere else, especially the area where away fans would be expected. ( I don't recall there was a designated away fan turnstile but I do recall knowing where away fans would congregate.)

I was truly shocked by the behaviour of the adults in the family area in front of their kids. The language, and over the top , but obviously routine, brutal outbursts were not what I had expected in there. I was scared all match of being discovered and kept my soft Southern voice mute. Got away with it but wouldn't dream of doing that again. ( Although it would be neat to try one of the home ends at the Orange Velodrome......)

Brighton won 1-0, with a goal by Peter Ward.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
In 1978 I went to a game at Millwall on my own. I was sensible enough not to wear colours. The atmosphere outside the ground was a bit ominous and there was no sign of other Albion fans. I decided that it would be safer to go in the Millwall family area than anywhere else, especially the area where away fans would be expected. ( I don't recall there was a designated away fan turnstile but I do recall knowing where away fans would congregate.)

I was truly shocked by the behaviour of the adults in the family area in front of their kids. The language, and over the top , but obviously routine, brutal outbursts were not what I had expected in there. I was scared all match of being discovered and kept my soft Southern voice mute. Got away with it but wouldn't dream of doing that again. ( Although it would be neat to try one of the home ends at the Orange Velodrome......)

I was in the seats. A child in front of me cheered our goal, he was about 8 I would think. Old guy in front of him threw a scalding hot cup of tea in his face.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Had the Guildford branch of Liverpool supporters Across the aisle to the side of me in WSU. One of the knobby bellenders thought it was his devine right to stand in the middle of the aisle and obstruct a dozen or so fans views and video the penalty. He was told in no uncertain terms to feck off but still thought he was doing nothing wrong but shuffled back up the steps to finish off his recording. He then smuggly waltzed down the steps mumbling under his breath as he walked passed me. NOW AT 56, MAYBE I SHOULD OF JUST FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT..SOD THAT! on 78 mins I did what any petulant adolescent would do...LEPT OUT OF MY SEAT, TOOK ONE STEP DOWN THE AISLE, TOOK 4 PACES TO MY LEFT AND PLACED MY PHONE VIDEOING DUNK AND CO CELEBRATING THE EQUALIZER RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS FACE! YES very childish but by christ did it feel good! UTA
That was provocation and I cannot commend you.

Although I'm having a lot of trouble condemning it as well.... :ROFLMAO:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have only been in the home end at a half empty Leyton Orient where I probably had a row of seats to myself. Not exactly threatening.

The hardest thing to remember is to at least clap when then home team scores.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I had to next to me in the West Upper. One little prick with bumfluff and a bumbag and shitty gold chain filming everything and celebrating when they scored but the guy next to me was very quiet and seemed annoyed with the scrote next to him for giving the game away.

It's always Sussex by The Sea that gives the game away.

I'm relatively philosophical about it these days to be honest. It's a crap way to watch your team really. Also bumfluff boy had a local accent and you can tell he's just one of those naff gloryhunters who's not really into football but has swallowed all the 'legendary' LFC mythology and clings on to it to try and counterbalance his own inadequacy

I just end up feeling sorry for people like that in the end. Its all just a bit empty. And he'll have all the videos on Facebook and Instagram with pictures of stevie G and the liver bird all over it, and professing his 'love' for them in some sort of excruciating poetry.

el punal

I was at that game too. The timing of the fixture couldn’t have been worse as the BBC Panorama programme had just shown a lengthy documentary on football hooliganism featuring - Millwall. This obviously dwelt on the minds of a lot of fans. For the first time ever Mrs.Punal and I, and a friend, bought seat tickets in the main stand rather than standing on the terraces.

Just before kickoff we noticed about fifty police lined up in front of the away end containing only about fifty or so Albion fans - blimey, not many! The game started we were in control for much of it. Then, Peter Ward received the ball turned Millwall’s Barry Kitchener on a sixpence and raced goalwards to slot the ball home. 1-0. Followed by absolute pandemonium!

Where we were sat we made sure that we kept schtum during the game, however, when the ball hit the back of the net so we jumped up - yeaaah! But then so did everyone else sat in the main stand. It turned out it was all Brighton! What followed next was the weirdest and funniest episodes I’d seen watching football. Below the the seats was the terrace area which was filled with Millwall fans. As soon they realised that seats were occupied by Brighton fans they tried to climb up into the stand. Cue medieval siege mentality! Millwall trying to get up to the seats, Brighton fans knocking them back down - rinse and repeat.

We won 1-0 in the end and left the stand to be greeted by F-Troop, the Treatment, Halfway Line and any other group shown on the Panorama doc. Luckily, being Southerners with no colours, we were not targeted. A crazy, surreal and unforgettable day out watching the mighty Brighton. :drink:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Last Monday night there were a few C*****a in Fulham home areas. One behind me, but he kept schtum. However, in the Hammersmith End there was a kerfuffle and a couple were ejected after being attacked by a Fulham-supporting 'person of restricted growth' (footage is online). One had CFC socks on.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I have only been in the home end at a half empty Leyton Orient where I probably had a row of seats to myself. Not exactly threatening.

The hardest thing to remember is to at least clap when then home team scores.
Yeah, it’s easy enough not to celebrate when your team score, it’s having to cheer and shout when the other lot do that’s the tough one.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Yeah, it’s easy enough not to celebrate when your team score, it’s having to cheer and shout when the other lot do that’s the tough one.
The only time I gave that game away was when Stockdale treated the ball like a bar of soap to gift Newcastle the Championship title. I just sat there with my head in my hands. Luckily, the blokes next to me turned to the away end to give it some whilst ignoring me ( I was sat on their left and our fans were to the right). The old villa lady next to me actually consoled me. It was a nice touch as that really could have gone the other way.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Many times in away end but could never bring myself to clap. Standing up when opposition score is as far as I go.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

Manchester United admit 2,000 Galatasaray fans were allowed to access home section at Old Trafford :eek:

Probably isn’t much difference between the average Manu fan and average galatasaray fan - travel about the same distance to watch a match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here