Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans in the home stands

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sitting in the home end with the away team's shirt on is ridiculous, regardless of how you conduct yourself.

I'd go as far as saying they should be refused entry.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Had the Guildford branch of Liverpool supporters Across the aisle to the side of me in WSU. One of the knobby bellenders thought it was his devine right to stand in the middle of the aisle and obstruct a dozen or so fans views and video the penalty. He was told in no uncertain terms to feck off but still thought he was doing nothing wrong but shuffled back up the steps to finish off his recording. He then smuggly waltzed down the steps mumbling under his breath as he walked passed me. NOW AT 56, MAYBE I SHOULD OF JUST FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT..SOD THAT! on 78 mins I did what any petulant adolescent would do...LEPT OUT OF MY SEAT, TOOK ONE STEP DOWN THE AISLE, TOOK 4 PACES TO MY LEFT AND PLACED MY PHONE VIDEOING DUNK AND CO CELEBRATING THE EQUALIZER RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS FACE! YES very childish but by christ did it feel good! UTA
This is the type of hooliganism I can get behind.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
One beside me in the North West. Very impressed how he jumped and cheered when we scored. Very good attempt but clearly no passion. Sat still when they scored. He was alright I reckon.

Found it odd that folk with scouse accents were allowed through the turnstiles though.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Sitting in the home end with the away team's shirt on is ridiculous, regardless of how you conduct yourself.

I'd go as far as saying they should be refused entry.
Go as far as? Confiscate ticket, ban from the ground and trace where the ticket originated from. Deduct points/ban whoever passed it on if not sold direct from the club. It should not be accepted under any circumstances.

One beside me in the North West. Very impressed how he jumped and cheered when we scored. Very good attempt but clearly no passion. Sat still when they scored. He was alright I reckon.

Found it odd that folk with scouse accents were allowed through the turnstiles though.
That's ok by me, while not great I've gone in home ends when stuck so would be hypocritical to moan, people who make zero effort to blend in should be ejected tho

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
They are refused entry at the AMEX. The exception being if it's a young kid with his parent in which case they're told to cover up the shirt.
No they’re not, this grown man was simply instructed to do his jacket up at the entrance to the East (the Newcastle match, obviously)
IMG_2163.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Even in the away end? Scousist!
Shouldn’t have let them through the ticket barrier at Victoria IMHO, can’t be too careful

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Two just to the left of me, taking the seats of two regular STHs, so would have been exchange purchases.

I twigged them as soon as I arrived, and looked over when we went one up. Everyone standing and celebrating bar the two new faces who were both sitting motionless. I gave them a thumbs up and a big cheery grin.

They both did funny little actions when Liverpool scored - I guess they were suppressing their natural urge to celebrate properly.

I so wanted us to snatch a winner...
We've all been there and it's part of the pantomime as long as everyone knows their place :thumbsup:

I'm sure I've told the story, but when Man City won the Premier League down here, a couple of kids in the north smiled at one another when City scored. A rather large person from the row behind leaned forward and shouted 'KEEP IT DOWN GENTLEMAN PLEASE' but they were left to enjoy their afternoon :thumbsup:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
That's ok by me, while not great I've gone in home ends when stuck so would be hypocritical to moan, people who make zero effort to blend in should be ejected tho
I agree, I erred on it applying to all away fans but when it dawned on me that it would theoretically impact me too I decided to be gracious and allow subtle ones in. Generous to a fault!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Had the Guildford branch of Liverpool supporters Across the aisle to the side of me in WSU. One of the knobby bellenders thought it was his devine right to stand in the middle of the aisle and obstruct a dozen or so fans views and video the penalty. He was told in no uncertain terms to feck off but still thought he was doing nothing wrong but shuffled back up the steps to finish off his recording. He then smuggly waltzed down the steps mumbling under his breath as he walked passed me. NOW AT 56, MAYBE I SHOULD OF JUST FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT..SOD THAT! on 78 mins I did what any petulant adolescent would do...LEPT OUT OF MY SEAT, TOOK ONE STEP DOWN THE AISLE, TOOK 4 PACES TO MY LEFT AND PLACED MY PHONE VIDEOING DUNK AND CO CELEBRATING THE EQUALIZER RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS FACE! YES very childish but by christ did it feel good! UTA
And you knew he was from Guildford how exactly? I'm from Godalming, where are you from?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Anfield and Old Trafford would be half empty if you had to do a local accent test at the turnstiles...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Noticed a few Liverpool fans in the stands around me today. One was trying to conceal the Liverpool tattoo on his leg, despite wearing shorts 🤷🏻‍♀️ and there was one in the row in front with a Liverpool screensaver on his phone taking pics of the Liverpool players.
Three in the shop, zip ups done up but you could easily see their red shirts.
That's fine, if they're not being gobby what's the problem?

el punal

We've all been there and it's part of the pantomime as long as everyone knows their place :thumbsup:

I'm sure I've told the story, but when Man City won the Premier League down here, a couple of kids in the north smiled at one another when City scored. A rather large person from the row behind leaned forward and shouted 'KEEP IT DOWN GENTLEMAN PLEASE' but they were left to enjoy their afternoon :thumbsup:
Which is as it should be. We’ve all (well, nearly all!) been in the home end as an away fan during our football watching days. A bit of respect, sit on your hands when we score, and make that broad grin when we win look like a grimace. There, job done! :drink:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
They are refused entry at the AMEX. The exception being if it's a young kid with his parent in which case they're told to cover up the shirt.
The pair I saw going in the east was a young kid and his dad both in Liverpool tops. From the dad's complete surprise at being requested to cover up in guessing be had never been to any football match previously and so must have been a member of the Brighton Kop.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And you knew he was from Guildford how exactly? I'm from Godalming, where are you from?
I would suggest this was an artistic flight of fantasy. And I approve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here