Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans in home ends

el punal

Unless they were wearing a Luton shirt/causing some aggravation, on what grounds could the club deny them entry at the turnstiles?

I believe the Liverpool cup game was tickets that had been re-sold on secondary websites rather than legally via the club.
The club state in their terms and conditions for home games that only home supporters should be in the home section, ditto for away fans in away section. Blah! Blah! Penalty if caught 10 years hard labour in some faraway gulag.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What, it seems, you’ve seen is the forum Luton Outlaws and the thread ‘Re. Brighton’. On it are a few posts stating that Luton fans have applied for Albion plus membership in order to obtain tickets for the game. Oldest trick in the book. Their problem is of course that the club will be aware of this trickery. Like the Liverpool cup tie last season they should be prepared for a nasty rejection when they try to get through the turnstiles.

Anyway, someone on their forum has dobbed them in to the Albion, so if the club didn’t know beforehand they certainly do now. You really have to be mad as a Hatter to try that one on.
So what you really mean as per Manure fans in the South, there are actually Luton fans in Manchester.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not looked but someone put one post on here about 4 tickets. Hardly gonna be full of them and if they know what’s good for them they’ll keep very quiet etc

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20230717_204910_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_204822_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_204847_Chrome.jpg

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The Liverpool games stuck out like a sore thumb over the past few years but that's because their accents are so obvious. Most clubs fans prob do it
I thought the Guildford accent was similar to ours.
At the Middlesbrough FA Cup game last year, I was struck by the presence of numerous small children running around the concourse at half time in Brighton shirts, with quite strong Leeds accents.
We come from everywhere nowadays.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
West Ham fan in the East Upper. Now, had he kept quiet we wouldn't have known but goal one he went mental, jumping up and down celebrating all on his own. Not sure if the guys next to him were with him. Anyway, all around we shouted at the steward to remove him. I should say it was all over in seconds, he sat down and we shut up, but the steward refused to evict him. Fine the fan had sat down and was quiet again.

Half time I asked the steward why he was not removed and he said he was a Brighton fan. So wrong it annoyed me but didn't pursue it in case I got thrown out.

Second half, second goal and more mentality from fan. This time half the East Upper stood up shouting for him to be eveicted and again steward done little. It took a lot of anger, mainly at the stubborn steward, to get the guy kicked out. And boy did the fan give it some then. Gestures galore. Again though, had he sat quietly and enjoyed the game none of this would have happened.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
West Ham fan in the East Upper. Now, had he kept quiet we wouldn't have known but goal one he went mental, jumping up and down celebrating all on his own. Not sure if the guys next to him were with him. Anyway, all around we shouted at the steward to remove him. I should say it was all over in seconds, he sat down and we shut up, but the steward refused to evict him. Fine the fan had sat down and was quiet again.
Half time I asked the steward why he was not removed and he said he was a Brighton fan. So wrong it annoyed me but didn't pursue it in case I got thrown out.
Second half, second goal and more mentality from fan. This time half the East Upper stood up shouting for him to be eveicted and again steward done little. It took a lot of anger, mainly at the stubborn steward, to get the guy kicked out. And boy did the fan give it some then. Gestures galore. Again though, had he sat quietly and enjoyed the game none of this would have happened.
Probably the most noise the east made all day screaming for a policeman in unison.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Probably the most noise the east made all day screaming for a policeman in unison.
I’m half tempted to hand in my season ticket. I just wanted to watch a football match with a bit of peace and quiet if that’s okay.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The club welcome and actively sell corporate packages to away fans with seats located in the home areas.

They are asked to be respectful and not over celebrate, and in the main that happens.

Would fans prefer corporate income to go down in favour of No away fans other than the away end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here