Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans in home ends

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
So I've seen luton buying membership then getting 4 tiks each for 1st game ,appreciate its their 1st game in prem but its every game

el punal

So I've seen luton buying membership then getting 4 tiks each for 1st game ,appreciate its their 1st game in prem but its every game
Sorry, but can you explain this - how have you seen it? What evidence do you have that this is so? What do you mean that this is every game? :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry, but can you explain this - how have you seen it? What evidence do you have that this is so? What do you mean that this is every game? :shrug:
The thinking is that once the Luton fans have watched the Albion at Falmer they will be back every week. After all there is a direct train link. They bloody better not start buying away tickets as well.

el punal

What, it seems, you’ve seen is the forum Luton Outlaws and the thread ‘Re. Brighton’. On it are a few posts stating that Luton fans have applied for Albion plus membership in order to obtain tickets for the game. Oldest trick in the book. Their problem is of course that the club will be aware of this trickery. Like the Liverpool cup tie last season they should be prepared for a nasty rejection when they try to get through the turnstiles.

Anyway, someone on their forum has dobbed them in to the Albion, so if the club didn’t know beforehand they certainly do now. You really have to be mad as a Hatter to try that one on.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Talking to our steward in the East Upper, they are all instructed to remove away fans from any area other than the away south stand.
So if you have a mouthy fan next to you just ask the nearest steward to remove him/them. On the other hand there are exceptions. Many on here have purchased tickets in home seats for away games. Within my East Upper area there are a few empty seats that seem to go on general sale. I know for sure that a STH is buying them and selling them on as some supporters have told me so. Anyway, mouthy Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool fans get kicked out. Knowledgeable fans who, whilst supporting the oppo, admire our football and are gracious in victory or defeat are welcome. But bring on the Japaneese, I love them.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
It's not just a Luton thing tbf. Tbh I can't blame them, although personally I can think of nothing worse (football supporting wise) than sitting in a home end of a team I'm actively cheering against.

The Liverpool games stuck out like a sore thumb over the past few years but that's because their accents are so obvious. Most clubs fans prob do it

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Judging by the thread covering their fan forum, I’m surprised they’re mixing else they might catch “the gayness” off the rest of us

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
What, it seems, you’ve seen is the forum Luton Outlaws and the thread ‘Re. Brighton’. On it are a few posts stating that Luton fans have applied for Albion plus membership in order to obtain tickets for the game. Oldest trick in the book. Their problem is of course that the club will be aware of this trickery. Like the Liverpool cup tie last season they should be prepared for a nasty rejection when they try to get through the turnstiles.

Anyway, someone on their forum has dobbed them in to the Albion, so if the club didn’t know beforehand they certainly do now. You really have to be mad as a Hatter to try that one on.

Unless they were wearing a Luton shirt/causing some aggravation, on what grounds could the club deny them entry at the turnstiles?

I believe the Liverpool cup game was tickets that had been re-sold on secondary websites rather than legally via the club.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
How are they getting 4 tickets together when our own Abion+ can only get single tickets?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How many Albion will buy tickets in the home end in Europe given the chance?
Precisely. I’m now up to “Seagulls are shit” in 9 different languages just so I blend in. All of which could be undone in a Gordon Cowens like moment when the turnstile operator wishes me “Good luck”

I must be most vigilant.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's not just a Luton thing tbf. Tbh I can't blame them, although personally I can think of nothing worse (football supporting wise) than sitting in a home end of a team I'm actively cheering against.

The Liverpool games stuck out like a sore thumb over the past few years but that's because their accents are so obvious. Most clubs fans prob do it
I thought the Guildford accent was similar to ours.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Every eligible fan number can buy 4 tickets.

Sorry, the point I was poorly trying to make was that you can't get tickets together, they are for the most part dotted around the ground mainly as singles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here