Aviation industry and Covid-19

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It doesn't matter - there's a big glass/plastic screen shielding them from each other.

id be more concerned if diagonal opposite, less than 2m and in the firing line. not really going to work.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I have.......

#permission to say cock

Tui group owns hotels as well, plus they have exclusive rates with some hotels (basically bulk buying rooms in advance) I dont know if they have a cargo arm?

They also are parking around 50 planes/more staff/more reps

Mainly do European holidays as well?

Hancock killed them yesterday with his comments along side the 14 days

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tui group owns hotels as well, plus they have exclusive rates with some hotels (basically bulk buying rooms in advance) I dont know if they have a cargo arm?

I am catching up on air quarantine thingy (a bit like Boris is)...what’s the reason France is exempt?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
id be more concerned if diagonal opposite, less than 2m and in the firing line. not really going to work.

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s a 100% fool proof solution....but it offers a compromise and more protection than current seats. And this balance will be needed if you want some semblance of normality.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you have money with them I would be seriously worried about seeing it again via them

Even though the German Government has given them a €1.8bn loan ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hancock basically saying that no Brits will go abroad on holiday in 2020 was an exaggeration, not sure if it was deliberate to affect social distancing.

A person view, once Ryanair, Easyjet and BA start flying in July (with government permission and where other countries will have us!), many will go away on holiday. Obviously at hugely reduced levels to 2019.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So now France is banned again.

Haha

The French are being strict.

Other grouping of EU nations are going it alone by probably opening up to other neighbours for mutual tourism, eg Germany and Austria from this Friday. Last week Germany's Federal Tourism Commissioner Thomas Bareiss announced that Germans would this summer likely be able to holiday in neighbouring states "that can be reached by car", like Austria, France, Poland, Belgium or the Netherlands, and "would not yet write off other regions in Europe, such as the Balearic Islands or the Greek islands," Mr Bareiss said, adding that Germany was already in talks with other nations about how this could happen.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
[MENTION=16109]Gregbobkin[/MENTION]

I've got friends who have been made redundant by BA with very little notice – it is taking a kicking too, believe me.

- Virgin have about 30 planes left and losing 15 million a week

BA have 300 - they are going to be getting hammered - look at walsh's face on the conference call with MPs yesterday.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports