Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere today

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think you can criticise fans after that lack lustre first half performance ..it wasnt really inspiring stuff....is it the fans job to get the players going or vice versa? Its an oft asked question ..Millwall fans only really got going after they scored
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalbion ,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalbion :whistle: .....................:facepalm:
regards
DR

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Palace have a lot more younger fans in their late teens and early 20s, we don't because whilst all of that generation (my generation) were growing up we were at the Withdean. It's people in that age bracket that generally contribute the most to the atmosphere at matches (in my opinion) and it shows at the Amex where I think proportionally we have very few people in that bracket even in the North, compared to Palace and compared to the old north stand.

Thanks for a very sensible reply.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
apart from the fist half a dozen games at the Amex the atmosphere HAS got worse, TAKE A GOOD LOOK AROUND YOU AND LOOK AT THE TYPES SITTING THERE, I'VE GOT MORE LIFE IN MY DICK FIRST THING IN THE MORNING :hilton:
regards
DR
Well if your full of it you have to take a piss sometime....lol!
But seriously we did look slow on the uptake....again waiting for the ball to come to them instead of going in to get the ball...not inspiring...Millwall attacked the ball every opportunity...made it theirs....from there on we were playing catch up...but hey ho,we've been there before...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
North was lively in places but still very flat. Is the West now converted to a library? Absolutely nothing from there today, poor show. :facepalm:

The Main stand has never been noted as the singing stand.
Poor show??
The West do not sing on their own but were joining in with some songs.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Most of the north stand sits now so it is going to be harder to make a lot of noise. During our first season at the Amex, the north was a lot louder and everyone in the north stood. This isn't just a coincidence that those things came together.

Us in the back few rows of the north can't make the noise everyone wants on our own.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Remember all those stating how great the Palace support is... They have only turned up THIS season for Premier League football.

Last year half of them didn't bother going let alone singing!

The Amex is the same as all grounds in the Championship when it comes to 'atmosphere'...and it's full!

STOP MOANING!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The north sounded loud from wsl.

Fair to say I almost drifted off with the players in the first half though.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I missed the game. Which i was very annoyed about. As I had to go to the eye hospital. But heard from the person that I normally go with that the team was awful

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I missed the game. Which i was very annoyed about. As I had to go to the eye hospital. But heard from the person that I normally go with that the team was awful

Tbh they where boring for the first half, but once millwall scored they woke up. Hope your eyes alright, I've been in that hospital before not a nice experiance. Had some dodgy stuff go in my eye and they literally washed my eyes out under a tap for what seemed like a lifetime of torture! Never again... I hope

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
These posts are getting tedious. Some people prefer to watch the football rather than have a sing song, that's really up to them. If you want to have your vocal chords in harmony with all your little buddies, join a choir
It's a football match mate . Creating an atmosphere to encourage the team is part and parcel of the game isn't it.????
:facepalm:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Remember all those stating how great the Palace support is... They have only turned up THIS season for Premier League football.

Last year half of them didn't bother going let alone singing!

The Amex is the same as all grounds in the Championship when it comes to 'atmosphere'...and it's full!

STOP MOANING!

Utter rubbish. The atmosphere generated at Selhurst has been one of the best in the country for the last 3-4 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here