Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere today

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
nonsense singing through whole match nw under box and ne by scoreboard
The group under the NW box seem to be trying hard to emulate the "constant singing" beloved of the Selhurst kiddiewinks....

Yesterday from the north end of WSU (i.e. about 30 yards away) I could just about make out some Euro-drivel that went on for a while and they seemed quite pleased with - it had absolutely nothing to do with anything happening on the pitch.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The group under the NW box seem to be trying hard to emulate the "constant singing" beloved of the Selhurst kiddiewinks....

Yesterday from the north end of WSU (i.e. about 30 yards away) I could just about make out some Euro-drivel that went on for a while and they seemed quite pleased with - it had absolutely nothing to do with anything happening on the pitch.

I sit near you and I could not make out what this song was, as I have said in a previous post fair play to them but a well known song would be better.
Anyone know what they were singing?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The first half was an utterly dire exhibition of football from both teams, which totally sucked the life out of the crowd. Millwall's support was equally muted.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
These posts are getting tedious. Some people prefer to watch the football rather than have a sing song, that's really up to them. If you want to have your vocal chords in harmony with all your little buddies, join a choir

Righty then. Atmosphere doesn't matter - join a choir.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is spot on. I am near the back of Block ND and there is a group nearer the west stand that likes to start a lot of songs which we try to get going but at the same time there is someone in the middle of the north starting another song. Need to be singing as a group really to get full affect.
Personally i thought it was ok today not best but far from being the worst.

People bang on about atmosphere and there is a decent number of songs on going which half the people dont seem to know the words. Also more songs people can sing and jump to would be preferable as a lot of ours are quite short and peter out quickly

Completely agree, by the time one round of a song is sung it is over before it has a chance to spread.

Our away support is always heard, and likewise visitors to the Amex always heard, mainly because travelling supporters are squashed into one area.

If you take the East and West Stands out of the equation, the North Stand by itself should still be able to compete with the visitors Stand, but they don’t.

If the North Stand sorted it out the rest of the Stadium would follow. We need a Gareth Malone from the BBC’s The Choir in for singing practice evenings at the Amex to sort this out.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title

i was next to them they were singing there was noise ..... your point?
this thread is about atmosphere ...what did you read ?

D

Deleted member 2719

I will swap my seat in the wsu after yesterdays match, after a newbie sth turns up and tries to stop me singing, as if that is going to happen.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I will swap my seat in the wsu after yesterdays match, after a newbie sth turns up and tries to stop me singing, as if that is going to happen.

People need to stop doing that. I had that last year. Sometimes i think people think we are at the morgue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here