Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere at the Amex comfortably the worst in the league

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Probably/possibly because a significant proportion of seats in the SE are club staff comp seats and other comp seats so not necessarily Albion/hardcore Albion fans, more given to family, friends, mates etc.

I’d doubt any of them post on here.
I really would love it if the club moved the away end closer to the North. Would be great, but never going to happen, sadly.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
…. Before gently clipping the ball to the head of the first defender followed by a chorus of groans
We looked quite dangerous from corners on Saturday, especially in the second half.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We looked quite dangerous from corners on Saturday, especially in the second half.
Ssshhh. Don’t let the truth get in the way of people moaning. Some won’t have anything to go to the Amex for if they can’t complain all the time.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I think a big issue we have is that for some reason we try to sing most of our songs too fast so no other stands can easily join in and if they do try, the timing will be slightly out and unsynchronised (which sounds a complete mess).

ie/ Caicedo song - absolute quality song but sung at 300 mph its useless and ends up having just 25/30 people singing it. If we slow the speed down, it will attract many more singers/stands, last longer and sound brilliant

The best example of this is 'We're on our way' we sang as we were going up to the Premier League - easy for everyone to join and all stands singing in unison & absolutely deafening for players and away fans to notice.

Anyway, this will probably be ignored by the 25 or so in the North as they carry on sprinting through their setlist and as a stadium, we will revert to silence and continue to earn the reputation that other teams give us.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
WATCH THIS

"We are Brighton....super Brighton..." This is simple, rousing could be picked up easily by the other areas of the ground as "Albion, Albion.." is. Not sure why this is sung so rarely. Even away, it gets a brief airing then fizzles out.

Generally I don't think the Amex is different to the majority of other grounds. Even watching old Trafford on the telly yesterday (and being there at the start of the season) you could hear a pin drop. Even when they were 1,2 up it was flat. After 3 goals the crowd woke up a bit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've not read all the whole thread, but the fact that this one joins a LONG list of similar ones over the years suggests that, to pick a phrase, 'it is what it is' and not much will change, whatever the club does.

We're sat in the family stand (and no thanks, I don't want to move or BE moved to accommodate away fans; I love our view and positioning) and I am of the opinion that the North Stand – which is supposed to be the source of all the atmosphere – is generally pretty muted. Now, that's not to say it IS – I'm not about to dispute those actually IN the stand – but maybe it's a case of noise not travelling? There is definitely a drop off in volume after 10-15 minutes, pretty much every game. Funnily enough, Duffy seemed to more of a chant that some of our existing players – or so it appeared from our seats in ESL. That's a bit weird, no?

Some away followings have been pretty noisy over the years (a common things with groups of fans who travel to away games (including our own)?) but often that isn't enough to get a real response from the NS. Again, I'm only singling out the NS because it is the one where people assume the noise should be generated from. Maybe there's just not the appetite to sustain a consistent level of support throughout the game? I'm not suggesting that there should be non-stop chants for the 45 mins (plus stoppage time), but if you're in the NS and you're complaining about the atmosphere, you're possibly part of the problem. Either that, or it's a problem that can't – or won't – be fixed?

I've probably posted similar in other previous threads on this subject and quite possibly will again in the future when the topic rears its head again :lol:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I think a big issue we have is that for some reason we try to sing most of our songs too fast so no other stands can easily join in and if they do try, the timing will be slightly out and unsynchronised (which sounds a complete mess).

ie/ Caicedo song - absolute quality song but sung at 300 mph its useless and ends up having just 25/30 people singing it. If we slow the speed down, it will attract many more singers/stands, last longer and sound brilliant

The best example of this is 'We're on our way' we sang as we were going up to the Premier League - easy for everyone to join and all stands singing in unison & absolutely deafening for players and away fans to notice.

Anyway, this will probably be ignored by the 25 or so in the North as they carry on sprinting through their setlist and as a stadium, we will revert to silence and continue to earn the reputation that other teams give us.
Yep 👍 I think slowing the songs down - even just a bit - would also help with sustaining a louder volume.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here