Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At the theatre last night I sat next to ...

Stumpy Tim

A few weeks ago I was interviewing some guy for a job in the cafe at the Grosvenor Hotel next to Victoria station. Half way through the interview, in walked everyone's favorite paedo Gary Glitter. I've never been at a place which went silent quite so quickly. He sat down a few seats away and had a coffee on his own before leaving.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That was precisely what we saw! I can also remember seeing David Suchet in a Moliere play at the Connaught Theatre in Worthing, before he was famous, playing Sganarelle, the highly comic servant character in Dom Juan. I was doing A-Level French at the time. He was absolutely brilliant and I was not surprised when he started to do very well.

This is a great diversion. David Suchet was also in Romeo and Juliet that year - with, future James Bond, Timothy Dalton playing Romeo and Estelle Kohler (whatever happened to her?) as Juliet. David Suchet was Tybalt.

It was a fantastic year: that season's Richard II remains the best Shakespeare production I've ever seen.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I had a pee next to Ian Gillan when he was with the original Deep Purple.

I've ate in the same restaurant at the same time (but on separate occasions) as Paul McCartney, Nicholas Parsons (both in Brighton), "Brian Tilsley" in Coronation Street (after his character was killed).

I've swum in the same pool and at the same time as Gerry Ryan.

I've sat on the couch outside of Arsene Wenger's office at Highbury, he came out and we said "good morning" to each other - and later that same day (but totally unrelated) Terry Venables held the door open for me to let me into a bar in London.

I was on the same flight as "Marilyn" before he had too much plastic surgery.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I was in the cinema 1978 watching GREASE and guess who comes and sits right on front of me ...... Peter Ward, with his fuzzy 70s perm, I Said "oiiihhhh Wardy you can turn on a sixpence in the penalty at the goldstone but you are not blocking my view of Newton John wearing her nighty singing" hopelessly Devoted to you",

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
On the subject of 'pissing', i've taken a piss next to Richard Wright (of Pink Floyd fame) at David Gilmour's DVD premiere in Leicester Square a few years back.

On the same subject, David Gilmour himself comes into the Sainsbury's i work at occasionally. There's a few that end up in there: Dame Maggie Smith, James Bolam (always looks scruffy), Jodie Kidd (a mate of mine ID'd her for booze, the div) and that prat Grant Bovey. The DJ Mike Reid & Alvin Stardust have also been in.

Who else...my old man sat next to June Whitfield in a pub when we were in Duncton a few years ago & i was behind Phil Collins in Budgens in Billingshurst when i was a kid, with his then wife and kid. My mum used to work for a medical centre that had Lawrence Fox (mr Billie Piper) as a patient.

My missus used to work for a cleaning company and they cleaned for Junior Campbell (of Marmalade fame...he also did the theme tune to Thomas The Tank Engine, which he said was the thing he's most proud of.

To finish, i also went to school with Honeysuckle Weeks (of Foyles War fame) and Katie Green (the topless model).

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I was working at the basketball arena during the Olympics and Michelle Obama walked towards me on her way to her car and I said hello and she replied, "Hi, are you having a good day?" and then she was gone.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Actually, I do have something remotely interesting. About 11 or 12 years ago, one Saturday I had my then 2 year old (or so) son on my shoulders as we waited at the lights by Infinity Foods by Kensington Gardens. He used to suck his thumb and was doing so then when a pleasant female Aussie voice said "that looks tasty, can I have a suck?" I turned to see the tiny but absolutely stunning Natalie Imbruglia. Without doubt the prettiest woman I have ever seen in the flesh.

And quick as a flash 45 minutes later I thought of something funny to say.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
th.jpg
Did I mention that I sat next to Alesha Dixon at a Brighton game once? She was funny and chatty and gorgeous.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
My daughter sat next to Johnny Wilkinson on an early flight from Toulon and asked him if he'd been on holiday.

He was very nice about it.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
... Gary Lineker

I don't recall seeing a celebrity in a more unlikely place. In fact, it was so unlikely, I wasn't convinced it was him but I just looked up a picture of his wife and she was definitely the person there last night. They were stuck at the end of the row in Chichester's small theatre.

I don't think that's going to be topped - unless I bump into Brian Sewell at Wembley.

My niece had photo taken with him at the Olympics ... he was very "Orange" ...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My sister worked in a little coffee shop in Oxford whilst studying. She was about to open up when six men sauntered up and asked if they could have a coffee. She sent them packing empty handed. It dawned on her later that she had turned down Bill Clinton.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Up until recently, i worked at a London hotel in Mayfair - have bumped into a fair few people (not literally of course).

Spoke to Elton John and Simon Bird (Will off The Inbetweeners) and saw Justin Bieber, David Cameron and Barack Obama - probably why the last 2 actually follow me on Twitter. Was shoved out of the way by Obama's security staff, still said "Hi Mr President" and he replied with "Good Afternoon".

Also held award ceremonies a fair bit, so have been near some others of the telly for the BAFTAs, F1 Awards, Cricket Awards, last years PFA Awards and to a lesser extent, the cast of TOWIE.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Now that's another thread - people you've had a piss next to.

I have Jimmy Case, Ronnie Corbett, Scott Quinnell and David Suchet on my list.

World Table Tennis champion Stellan Bengtsson (sp?) picked the next stall to me at The Dome, where I'd gone to see him play

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
George Best and Michael Parkinson at a Billy Connelly concert at the Dome. Saw Suggs concert at Crawley the other week and Peter Blake was there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here