Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] At the moment, Graham Potter is too good for Brighton. He needs better players.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I have NEVER thrown my toys out of the pram, let alone at Tony. Show me the post or shut the **** up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just about every post you make is demanding Tony put his hand in his pocket and spend HIS money on a forward. The reality you are missing is that the playing budget has **** all to do with you until you start contributing to it in a meaningful way. In the absence of that I’m afraid it is what it is.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Hi Swanny. I hope you are well? Did you read the Argus article with the stats about our top 6 chances created and bottom 5 goals scored:

“The Seagulls will be hoping to be (more) clinical in front of goal than they have been in recent games.

In their last three matches, they have had 65 attempts, of which 20 have been on target but scored just one goal in return.

When you look at the number of shots they have had this season it makes for good reading.

Albion (349) have had the sixth-most shots in the league with only Chelsea (366), Leeds (367), Manchester United (370), Liverpool (399), and Manchester City (418) having more.

But out of those 349 attempts, they have scored 26 goals, with only Fulham, West Brom, Burnley, and Sheffield United having less.”

What we really need is a new midfielder, clearly! [emoji6]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There are??

I think most of NSC. Maybe even 90% of the Albion fan base have obsessively been crying out for a new striker signing? I know I have.

You genuinely think you’re one of the few to think this?

I bc think I need more converts! [emoji6]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’m already labelled as divisive, so I’ll pass thanks :smile:

I would wear ‘divisive’ on NSC as a badge of honour! [emoji23]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Then we can get the popcorn out and watch months of blood NSC letting.

Tony Bloom would have to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

If the Board don’t resign, I’d be one of the first at Mash Barn Lane HQ looking to rush past the security guard, to get to them.

Blimey! I love [emoji3590] Tony [emoji20]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes and Wilson is 29,on £130 grand a week plus hefty signing-on fee with no re-sale value.

No thanks

The wages inaccurate, too high I believe. Not sure what signing-on fee was. If his goals keep that pile of sh1te team up it will be a bargain.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Only if you sell all your possessions and worship the guru. I’ll be along later for your bank details.

Lol [emoji23] you may have lost your ability to make your own judgements!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Has Swansman got his own cronies now? Can I join?

Ask him. I’m sure he will welcome you to his congregation! [emoji6]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hi Swanny. I hope you are well? Did you read the Argus article with the stats about our top 6 chances created and bottom 5 goals scored:

“The Seagulls will be hoping to be (more) clinical in front of goal than they have been in recent games.

In their last three matches, they have had 65 attempts, of which 20 have been on target but scored just one goal in return.

When you look at the number of shots they have had this season it makes for good reading.

Albion (349) have had the sixth-most shots in the league with only Chelsea (366), Leeds (367), Manchester United (370), Liverpool (399), and Manchester City (418) having more.

But out of those 349 attempts, they have scored 26 goals, with only Fulham, West Brom, Burnley, and Sheffield United having less.”

What we really need is a new midfielder, clearly! [emoji6]

Agree, would be nice to get somewhere near the 20+ goals scored by Leeds, Man Utd and Man City midfielders.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think everyone gets it - just that some people don't require the world to be so totally binary (no names, no pack drill, but you'll probably recognise some of them if they wade in!)
We have strikers who cannot hit a cow's arse with a banjo. We know that. It's a problem that needs to be addressed.

We have midfielders who, although they run the midfield rather well most of the time, also cannot hit a cow's arse with a banjo. This is also a problem - and it's not a binary choice, both problems can exist at the same time.

If Bissouma, Gross, MacAllister, Lallana and March had all chipped in with three or four goals each, we would in my estimation be a comfortable five or more places higher up the league. We would still have strikers who can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, and that would still need to be addressed, but we wouldn't have the same gnashing of teeth, weeping and wailing and toys-out-of-the-pram throwing that some like to indulge in.

Seriously, midfield is NOT the primary problem. Stop making out like it is...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Agree, would be nice to get somewhere near the 20+ goals scored by Leeds, Man Utd and Man City midfielders.

Naughty Swanny. You know you are just wrong on this, right? Yes, a secondary problem is the lack of goals from midfield, but the clear primary problem is not having a good striker. Do you agree?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Just about every post you make is demanding Tony put his hand in his pocket and spend HIS money on a forward. The reality you are missing is that the playing budget has **** all to do with you until you start contributing to it in a meaningful way. In the absence of that I’m afraid it is what it is.

Have you been listening to Potter? ‘It is what it is’ means absolutely nothing and is one of his favourite phrases.

Back to Tony. For his own financial benefit, he should have invested in a striker, rather than scraping the bottom of the bargain bucket for Welbs. We will lose 100m plus a season if we get relegated, which is why what Newcastle did with Wilson makes sense, and why what we did doesn’t. I hope that is clear enough for you.

I am Tony’s biggest fan Btw, but we all make mistakes... I will give you a clue; SH.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No.

His or mine?

So you still believe the primary problem is midfield. Okay let’s agree to disagree. Btw thank you for proving my point that not every poster believes strikers are the problem. Much appreciated.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Doesn't he realise the transfer window has shut? At least we used to get a few months respite from him. :down:

Striker coach?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So you still believe the primary problem is midfield. Okay let’s agree to disagree. Btw thank you for proving my point that not every poster believes strikers are the problem. Much appreciated.

You're welcome.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seriously, midfield is NOT the primary problem. Stop making out like it is...

Where have I (or anybody else) mentioned 'primary'? Stop pretending to be an idiot (or being one, whichever is the case). It is possible for there to be more than one problem at the same time; one more pressing than the other(s) - but anybody who thinks the others don't exist is a fool.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here