Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] At the moment, Graham Potter is too good for Brighton. He needs better players.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I rate the player he used to be, no question. But the guy can’t even complete a half. I’d sooner give a young player a chance.

I'm not sure he trains. There was certainly talk that he would get to decide when he trained. His finishing suggests to me he hasn't been honing that particular skill

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We gave him a 3 year contract. £4.7m per year, over 90K p/w is the rumoured amount

Which makes me want to cry more than the Benteke winner

:eek: :ohmy:
I honestly didn’t know he has a 3 year contract, I probably wasn’t paying attention that week.

With Wellbeck onboard it looks like the Albion are a charity to look after knackered players at the end of their career.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:eek: :ohmy:
I honestly didn’t know he has a 3 year contract, I probably wasn’t paying attention that week.

With Wellbeck onboard it looks like the Albion are a charity to look after knackered players at the end of their career.

We’ve provided financial support to Dutch clubs for 4 years, why not to some ex-England veterans?

The Seagulls Foundation.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A lone voice these days, I rate Lallana. As a starter.

Really hard for any sub when we’re losing.

Yes I’m with you WS. He’d start every game for me when fit. His touch and appreciation of space is better than any other player we have.

I think a lot of posters are forgetting just how good he was and the positive reviews he was getting earlier this season when he was fit and starting most games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes I’m with you WS. He’d start every game for me when fit. His touch and appreciation of space is better than any other player we have.

I think a lot of posters are forgetting just how good he was and the positive reviews he was getting earlier this season when he was fit and starting most games.

Until Mac Allister started pulling the strings, Lallana imho was the only player in the middle with composure and great touch. Plus (you can see that he played in a great team and got capped) everything he does is instinctively forward thinking. That’s priceless in the transition, opponents have far less time to set up.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Until Mac Allister started pulling the strings, Lallana imho was the only player in the middle with composure and great touch. Plus (you can see that he played in a great team and got capped) because everything he does is instinctively forward thinking. That’s priceless in the transition, opponents have far less time to set up.

He has also featured in 76% of our PL games this season so his fitness record has also not been as bad as some are making out.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

But he’s only ever played one half for us am I right? Happy to be corrected if wrong.

It’s funny, when first rumoured I was not happy about the Lallana signing. Then when he signed I got taken in by the concept (play the odd game, help the young players), but I can only go by what I’ve seen on the pitch and I’ve been totally let down. I can’t remember a good game he’s had, maybe the first half against Fulham?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You can add me to the Lallana fan club.

And me.

Think he's been good, not exceptional but good, especially when he could link up with Lamptey early into the season. Think also he will get better, he's barely played for a few years and I think they are slowly building him up now. Perhaps rushed it a bit in the beginning when he went off injured a few times, and realised they need to go slow about it). Think he could turn into a key player next season and keep providing good substitute appearances and occasional starts this one. Unfortunately (?) for him Gross turned out to be about 10x better in that position than I expected him to be, and cant see him replace Ali Mac / Trossard unless the loss of pace is compensated for elsewhere (like Lamptey returning).

In many senses a better version of Mooy, who I also felt got a little bit too much shite at times.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Until Mac Allister started pulling the strings, Lallana imho was the only player in the middle with composure and great touch. Plus (you can see that he played in a great team and got capped) everything he does is instinctively forward thinking. That’s priceless in the transition, opponents have far less time to set up.

He was a phenomenal player, unquestionably. You guys just made me watch this. If only we had him some years ago. Incredible talent.

https://youtu.be/cL6hYYz9CR4

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We gave him a 3 year contract. £4.7m per year, over 90K p/w is the rumoured amount

Which makes me want to cry more than the Benteke winner

Undoubtedly a classy player but when you look at his ACTUAL contribution so far, and you speculate how much he might or might not contribute in the next 2 and a half seasons, it's an example that throwing money at things isn't necessarily a guarantee of much substance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[SUB][/SUB]I have not been very impressed so far and yes I do realise he needs to get up to full match fitness. Neat, clever and skilful in midfield but a surprising lack of composure when shooting, no cute assists for our young strikers either. I expected him to open things up for others in the box and be calm in taking chances that came his way. As far as I can see he has no more composure in and around the box than any of the strikers who are getting so much shit on here.

I am very happy to be proved wrong and I hope it happens in the Leicester game

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
[SUB][/SUB]I have not been very impressed so far and yes I do realise he needs to get up to full match fitness. Neat, clever and skilful in midfield but a surprising lack of composure when shooting, no cute assists for our young strikers either. I expected him to open things up for others in the box and be calm in taking chances that came his way. As far as I can see he has no more composure in and around the box than any of the strikers who are getting so much shit on here.

I am very happy to be proved wrong and I hope it happens in the Leicester game

Ditto. More than happy for Lallana to go out have a stormer and prove us wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here