Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Astrid, u ok hun x

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This nicely sums up what I think is the current Chelsea approach to Football . Money = Success. Thats it. There seems zero understanding of anything else, just throw money and success will follow.
This works very very well if you throw money at the right clubs and get players that compliment each other, work well as a team, and gets you a manager and coaches that have a sound tactical approach and are working towards the same end, who understand how to get the best out of players, coaches etc.

None of which can be said of Chelseas approach, which is simply buy any player that other clubs want. Its no wonder that a large section of their fanbase has the same attitude, as demonstrrated by the "We've spent a Billion £ and beaten buy a tree" attitude shown by Astrid.

I think many of the more vocal ones dont understand that while the previous Chelsea regieme also chucked money around, at least knew what they were doing and bought players that on the whole complimented each other, and worked well together.

Unfortunatley for the likes of Astrid, and fortunatley for the rest of us, it dopesnt look like changing anytime soon
When they first started buying titles they also had one of the greatest managers ever right in his prime, and they had far more money than anyone else in the league. Very different to now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This nicely sums up what I think is the current Chelsea approach to Football . Money = Success. Thats it. There seems zero understanding of anything else, just throw money and success will follow.
This works very very well if you throw money at the right clubs and get players that compliment each other, work well as a team, and gets you a manager and coaches that have a sound tactical approach and are working towards the same end, who understand how to get the best out of players, coaches etc.

None of which can be said of Chelseas approach, which is simply buy any player that other clubs want. Its no wonder that a large section of their fanbase has the same attitude, as demonstrrated by the "We've spent a Billion £ and beaten buy a tree" attitude shown by Astrid.

I think many of the more vocal ones dont understand that while the previous Chelsea regieme also chucked money around, at least knew what they were doing and bought players that on the whole complimented each other, and worked well together.

Unfortunatley for the likes of Astrid, and fortunatley for the rest of us, it dopesnt look like changing anytime soon
Yes, throwing money at it alone simply doesn't cut it anymore. Man City are hugely successful while being extremely rich, but not just because they buy expensive players every summer. They've built a hugely impressive backroom offering, training ground, youth academy etc which helps to perpetuate their success. Compare them to their Manchester neighbours, who also seem to think more money being thrown solves problems, but quite clearly doesn't. For the record, I despise City and everything they stand for, but you can't argue they aren't an extremely well run club behind the scenes.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Pamela Beefcurtains? I knew her well. :drink:
I'm not trying to be all puritanical honestly, and I laughed like a drain at the horse faced cum bucket comment. Plus she's clearly abhorent in so many ways (or perhaps a kinder assessment is that she's very very damaged).

Anyway, if this was a bloke, would we be saying he's got a massive cock, huge balls, and shags load of women, squirting his spunk everywhere he goes? Or would we be taking another approach?

Having not watched www.hotgreasygrinders.com (I sincerely hope that doesn't exist...) and seen the lead 'actor' venting over football (or Chelsea) I don't know the answer to that question fortunately.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This guy gets it. Astrid gets……something else….

6B131206-C315-4857-B822-583172942910.jpeg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Lady who monetises getting attention gets more attention. It's all an act but if it gets the clicks then kerching.

Anyway, it's such a shame the bottom 3 seem pretty locked in to what could be the most disappointing relegation battle ever. It would have been DELICIOUS if Chelsea had to sweat just a LITTLE BIT.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyway, it's such a shame the bottom 3 seem pretty locked in to what could be the most disappointing relegation battle ever. It would have been DELICIOUS if Chelsea had to sweat just a LITTLE BIT.
Plus none of them are likeable enough that I badly want any of them to turn it around generally

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not trying to be all puritanical honestly, and I laughed like a drain at the horse faced cum bucket comment. Plus she's clearly abhorent in so many ways (or perhaps a kinder assessment is that she's very very damaged).

Anyway, if this was a bloke, would we be saying he's got a massive cock, huge balls, and shags load of women, squirting his spunk everywhere he goes? Or would we be taking another approach?

Having not watched www.hotgreasygrinders.com (I sincerely hope that doesn't exist...) and seen the lead 'actor' venting over football (or Chelsea) I don't know the answer to that question fortunately.
Yep. I agree with all of that. Apart from the bit about laughing at the original comment. I just thought: 'misogynist prat'.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here