[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Really need a response in the second half or the next three games could be very messy.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Plenty could be said about that first half but I'm going to go with we are soft as shit - structurally and physically - when we don't have the ball. It's men against boys.

Remember the good old days when we had a midfield? Last season seems so long ago!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Some of us? We've pumped a lot of money into this team and have very likely the best manager we've ever had.
Yup. As if Bloom, Barber, Weir, RDZ, Dunk, Lallana, Gross etc would be happy with 17th.
We've more ambition than that.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
Painful watch. Emery has done his homework and shut down the routes through midfield. Every time the ball is passed forward they are snapping at us and in truth, comprehensively outplaying us. I don't think a single Albion player has stood out as playing well, but Mitoma, Estupinan and Ferguson seem particularly off the pace. Dunky has been all over the place as well.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Plenty could be said about that first half but I'm going to go with we are soft as shit - structurally and physically - when we don't have the ball. It's men against boys.

Remember the good old days when we had a midfield? Last season seems so long ago!
Same against AEK. First to every ball. Faster, fitter, stronger, more aggressive. More incisive.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well at least we’re well on course for every league match so far this season with a winning score of 3-1 or 4-1

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well this has to be are worst 45mins under De Zerbi. Midfield missing in action constantly losing the ball. Damage limitation now

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not his fault but I feel sorry for Hinshelwood making his full debut in that shambles of a first half.
It's a big ask to play such an important role away from home. Missing an experienced head in there and it's all falling apart. Not his fault but the occasion is proving to much for him.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Absolute horror show. Where do you begin with that ? We are effectively playing without full backs. Veltman so intent on winning free kicks, he isn’t defending. Estupinan constantly out of position. Just before the first goal I said why isn’t Mitoma tighter to their number 2. Sure enough the ball goes to him and he crosses for the goal. So easy. Estupinan missing. Having said that why wasn’t the 2nd goal offside and the third came after what looked like a foul on March. 3-0 is a fair reflection on that half though.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Not enough protection for the back 4 from our midfield. And such a shocking VAR decision to allow the 3rd goal.
Yes, Hinshelwood is playing in a very advanced role and we have no protection in front of the back four which Caicedo gave us last season.
Mitoma and March have been very poor. Let’s get them both on and at least put a performance in for the second half.
Villa have been very good though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports