Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
De Zerbi gets most things right, and I refuse to criticise him.

I also try not to get on players backs either, but Webster was truly awful today.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I Hope De Zerbi doesn't pretend that was a good performance to defend the players.

It wasn't

It was shit,

I still believe, but that was awful.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I think he's trying to be too clever. Making 9 changes every game, rotating keepers every two games, chucking in a teenager to make his debut away at one of the in-form teams in the league... we're just going to end up with two teams that lack any form of cohesion.
This 100 per cent

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Do we have a defensive coach?

10 games without a clean sheet isn’t acceptable.

I’m all for risk and reward football but our defending has been shambolic at times this season.
It sounds worse than it is. I think a lot of it stems from it all being a bit 'meh' when we concded incredibly soft goals V Luton, Newcastle, Wolves, Bournmouth. We should be f***ing seething and we've given them another 3 goals this second half. NEEDS a culture shift to being f***ing angry if we concede just like how Duffy felt a few years ago.

JP, Baleba, and Webster looked drunk for their 6th. Disgraceful that.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Unless you want to go and get them back from Liverpool and Chelsea, what is the point in continually pining for them?

We have injuries there and players to develop who do fill those gaps. We aren’t seeing the midfield at full strength, it doesn’t mean the players we have now aren’t good enough.

Of course we miss them but people act like we never had a bad game when Mac and Caicedo played, which was clearly untrue.
Perhaps I should post about lack of depth without referring to old players them.
We are obviously all p#ssed off, in you and I!!
Let's have a few beers and leave this one as a distant memory. 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here