[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is there a point in resting players for the last game of the season?
When better to blood new players than when neither a 20-0 win nor a 0-20 defeat will affect our league position? Oh and we have already qualified for Europe and need to find out quickly how many of the squad are up to it against decent competition.

Actually, your question strikes me as one of the most surprising I have read on here a long while. I'm surprised. There, I said it.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Is there a point in resting players for the last game of the season?
If their fatigue levels are high according to the sports scientist then there is a risk of serious injury. De Zerbi was saying March’s level were a concern, he came on via Everton and did a Hamstring. If one the players today tears a hamstring (for example) then that messes with their pre-season and could impact their readiness for next season.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
———————-Steele—————-
Veltman—-Webster—Colwill—Groß
——-Mac Allister——-Ayari———-
Buonanotte—-Undav———-Enciso
——————Ferguson—————-

??????
3 at the back experiment? I know it won't happen but I really don't see a tired Groß at fullback

—————---——-Steele—————-
-------Veltman—-Webster—Colwill—
——-----------Groß——-Mac Allister———-
----Buonanotte------Ayari-----Enciso---
——————-----Undav----Ferguson——

I'm convinced you are Swanman
Yes! I still have my very own conspiracy theory! I had feared that it had only lasted for the 24h after I introduced myself on here, but there's at least still one brave person carrying the torch. I salute you, please found some fanclub dedicated to me.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Actually, your question strikes me as one of the most surprising I have read on here a long while. I'm surprised. There, I said it.
yeah it is a bit of a strange one - the only PL game of this season with no pressure on it for a result- what could be less surprising than playing all our youngsters in and giving our key players ( our valuable assets!) a much needed break.

A very young line up -Totally in line with RDZs approach to encouraging squad development.

Surprised why anyone would think Gross wouldn’t captain from the right back and give Dunk a much needed rest too - esp now we have Colwill and Webster and Veltman all finally fit again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know that RDZ keeps persevering with Buonanotte, but to me he still never looks quite worthy of a start. His influence on a game, judged on what we've seen thus far, is invariably minimal

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes! I still have my very own conspiracy theory! I had feared that it had only lasted for the 24h after I introduced myself on here, but there's at least still one brave person carrying the torch. I salute you, please found some fanclub dedicated to me.
We can’t both be Swansman can we ? That would be weird 😂

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Preseason starts today. Obviously there's gonna be some experiential selections.

Having said that, I don't expect RDZ or the players to want anything other than a win today. We have an obligation to give Villa a game and give Spurs and Brentford a chance

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
It’s probably
Preseason starts today. Obviously there's gonna be some experiential selections.

Having said that, I don't expect RDZ or the players to want anything other than a win today. We have an obligation to give Villa a game and give Spurs and Brentford a chance
Spurs have been getting their chances from the Refs this season. f*** them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports