Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That second half was the worst 50 mins of football I've seen in a very long time
Do you mean the quality of the game or just from the Albion? I’ve seen much worse in recent weeks on both counts personally

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Do you mean the quality of the game or just from the Albion? I’ve seen much worse in recent weeks on both counts personally
The overall quality.

We weren't great, but villa weren't trying to play anything of note, the game continually stopped every few mins for a few mins, there was no flow and the ref was all over the place.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
This is the least I've been bovvered by an Albion defeat. Ever. We've done what we had to, rather magnificently over the season. Villa are playing in the enormously less glamorous Conference League next season, Spurs aren't in Europe at all (lolz), and young Hinshelwood got a run out. I am absolutely NOT going to feel disappointed by today's result. Oh, and also the Mighty Leeds and Leicester and their f***ing clackers are relegated. So, on balance, a great day.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
2nd half was a bit dissapointing, but not surprising as the home fans were desperate and that was tranfered to the referee.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m judging him on the amount of wrong decisions. It was astonishing. The fact he didn’t affect the result is pure and utter luck, he seemed to be trying his absolute best.
Are you suggesting that the ref made a lot of wrong decisions in our favour? I suspect that's not your intent. It looked like quite a lot of decisions in their favour, which very well may have affected the result.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The overall quality.

We weren't great, but villa weren't trying to play anything of note, the game continually stopped every few mins for a few mins, there was no flow and the ref was all over the place.
Fortunately my stream dropped out in the second half, so I missed most of it...

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I'm pleased on how the season panned out with European qualification. Some cracking games seen and some duff ones especially those in the last couple of months when we were sometimes running on empty. Can't moan about today's result in the grand scheme of things. If we lose a few of our better players hopefully the conveyer belt is working well for the close season. Upwards and onwards. :albion2:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
A bit disappointed at the result, but we didn’t have anything more to play for, and while I absolutely hate Villa’s style of ‘game management’, it was expected from the home match against them. With the benefit of home support I felt they definitely had the rub of the green in terms of ref decisions, but it wasn’t our best performance this season.

It doesn’t change how proud I am of our team this year. I want everyone to stay, but know that’s unrealistic. I hope every single person associated with the club gets to enjoy some kind of summer break, and I can’t wait to see what the team looks like after De Zerbi’s first full pre-season with the team.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I hope the big clubs start dismantling Brentford or Fulham.
Next season will be very interesting.
This must be the only year ever I didn't want a season to finish for three weeks in benidorm.
What a thoroughly entertained year we have all had.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Unhappy with the result after Wednesday's performance.
But can't complain about a fantastic season.
What's exciting is the talent coming through once we get loads of cash for Ali Mac and possibly Caicedo

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That McGinn could do with taking one on the chin.
One? ONE?

Actually, a casual running headbutt to the chest followed by a neutering tread on the jewels would be my prefered 'tackle'

I'm sure he's be playing in a pisspot paint glue n spanners bodge league soon enough

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just woke up, shame we couldn't end on a high.
Job done anyway.
Also, Villa will be in the Europa fringe festival, not the real thing, but someone had to be.
Will read though more at smoko, as I have an earlier start today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The overall quality.

EXACTLY what most of us expected at Villa Park.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What a fantastic season.
Terrible atmosphere down the front though.
People need to get their act together if we're gonna compete in Europe fanwise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here